How Do You Cook Your Baked Potatoes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At work, for 60-count taters, I wash, brush with butter, sprinkle with salt/pepper, don't prick, and bake nekkid in a 350 degree F convection oven for one hour. Perfect taters.

I eat the skins, and prefer soft skins, which works perfectly with butter-brushed taters. Some butter, sour cream, real bacon bits, chives, cheese, and more pepper when I eat it.

If you really want a good baked tater, make the bacon for bacon bits before you start to prep the taters, and rub the taters with the bacon grease, then season with pepper only, as the grease has enough salt already. Proceed as above. YUMMY!

wrap `em in foil and throw `em into the fire for half hour.
we don`t eat them often, and the only times we do is when there`s either a large BBQ or campfire.

rare to never we do them at home in my kitchen.

Scrub, rub with olive oil, wrap in foil, stab 'em to death, and cook in oven. and for a potato topper... Mix together 2 containers sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheddar, 3 oz pkg of bacon bits, and 1 bunch of green onions chopped. yum, yum yum

If you really want a good baked tater, make the bacon for bacon bits before you start to prep the taters, and rub the taters with the bacon grease, then season with pepper only, as the grease has enough salt already. Proceed as above. YUMMY!

that sounds deelish allen. gonna try it.

recently, i tried to make a "real" baked potato (nekkid in the oven, not the microwave), but it came out too dry and tough.
i haven't baked a tater in the oven in so long that i couldn't remember if you should prick the spud first or not when using the oven, so i went ahead and stabbed away. the combination of over-pricking and baking too long at 350 dried it out. :(

Back
Top Bottom