ISO Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone loved it! I brought home an empty dish!!! I did use the velveta cheese in it, but also put real cheddar cheese on top. I got lots of complements, and I gave the credit to DC and my friends here. it was a nice change from the usual items on the menu!

I used Letscook's recipe and made some changes. I actually combined that one with CWS's "recipe." it's in the oven now.
Did I include a recipe? I am soooooo bad, I don't use a recipe...if I do, it is akin to a diving board--I just dive into the deep end. Waiting to hear how it turned out...usually when I use frozen broc., I defrost and squeeze out excess moisture...

Everyone loved it! I brought home an empty dish!!! I did use the velveta cheese in it, but also put real cheddar cheese on top. I got lots of complements, and I gave the credit to DC and my friends here. it was a nice change from the usual items on the menu!
Cool! So, do you now have a recipe:LOL:?I for got that I usually add slivered almonds, but it sounds as if it was a hit--I assume you included BACON!

Last edited:
CWS4322 said:
Cool! So, do you now have a recipe:LOL:?I for got that I usually add slivered almonds, but it sounds as if it was a hit--I assume you included BACON!

Yes ma'am! That is why the dish came back empty I am sure! :D

Well, ok. Here is what I did:

Chopper's Thanksgiving Day Broccoli dish

1/2 lb. Bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
2 14 oz. bags broccoli florets (I chopped them while frozen)
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
6 oz.cubed sharp cheddar velveta cheese
2 tablespoons butter - softened
1 can cream of chicken soup (do NOT add water)
1/2 cup Sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
celery salt, black pepper, poultry seasoning

Mix all ingredients except the cheddar cheese together in a large bowl.
Put into 9x13 inch glass baking dish sprayed with Pam. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom