Mushrooms Gratin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
This is one of my experiments gone right. My love of mushroom swiss burgers was the original influence for this....except I prefer it without the burger! ;)

I usually make this individually in onion soup bowls, large ramekins or single serving casserole dishes. It could also be done in a larger casserole or baking dish.

Mushrooms Gratin
(per person)
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (white, crimini or a combination of both)
1 - 2 cloves minced garlic to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/3 cup Grated Swiss Cheese
2 tbsp buttered bread crumbs
1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese

Place half the mushrooms on the bottom of a greased casserole. Sprinkle with some garlic, salt and pepper, then cover with half the grated swiss cheese. Repeat the layers and top with some buttered bread crumbs and Parmesan. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the mushrooms are hot and tender and the cheese is melted. The juice from the mushrooms keeps the dish from drying out.

That sounds divine!!!! I might be able to make it to the store before they close tonight.

Thank you, Thank you, Laurie!!!!

Is 10 am okay or too early to arrive? I can bring some of Frank's birthday cake if you want.....um

oops :ohmy:

Don't tell him I said I still have some in the freezer please! :angel:

Is 10 am okay or too early to arrive? I can bring some of Frank's birthday cake if you want.....um

oops :ohmy:

Don't tell him I said I still have some in the freezer please! :angel:

10 is perfect...I should be back from laundry by then. I do have a dentist appt tomorrow afternoon. Shrek thought he was being thoughtful...:) by making the appt for me.

I think this will be breakfast with some cheese and crackers.

It does sound wonderful. It reminded me of my favorite burger which was called a British Burger and used swiss and bacon on an English muffin.

Good thing I go shopping tomorrow, I just hope there are some good mushrooms for this and all the other great sounding mushroom recipes from yesterday's thread.

Princess: What do you cook when you WANT the frogs to come?
(So you can have frogs legs, of course.) Is Shrek in charge of them?

Ok not breakie maybe lunch or in the very near future!!

Princess: What do you cook when you WANT the frogs to come?
(So you can have frogs legs, of course.) Is Shrek in charge of them?

Flied Rice, of course!!! Shrek gets jealous of frogs...he knows the kinda guy I like...:LOL:

This was a fantastic brunch! I made Garlic toast to go with. Of course, there's none left Laurie! I eated it all up.

I survived shopping yesterday, but didn't have any energy left to make the Mushroom Gratin. My back is screaming this morning, but I'll have the energy later on.

I bought 8 oz. of Baby Bellas and even splurged on some Asiago. They had Parmesan there, but I couldn't tell what the price was. Some packages were priced per package and some by the pound and it sounded like the Parm was really expensive.

Do you think the Asiago will be a decent substitute?

Aren't Baby Bellas the same as Crimini?

I survived shopping yesterday, but didn't have any energy left to make the Mushroom Gratin. My back is screaming this morning, but I'll have the energy later on.

I bought 8 oz. of Baby Bellas and even splurged on some Asiago. They had Parmesan there, but I couldn't tell what the price was. Some packages were priced per package and some by the pound and it sounded like the Parm was really expensive.

Do you think the Asiago will be a decent substitute?

Aren't Baby Bellas the same as Crimini?

I think the cheese swap will be fine. And yes, Baby Bellas are crimini. You are so gong to love this dish!!! I want more!!!:pig:

The cheese swap is definitely okay! In fact, if the parm was left off it will be fine. It just adds that little extra.

Any mushrooms singly or combine can be used. I often change it up.

Back
Top Bottom