REC - Chile Cheese Tomatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We like these with grilled flank steak or even prime rib.

Chile Cheese Tomatoes
3-large or 4 med tomatoes
1-c. sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1-tea. sugar
1-Tab. flour
2-Tab/ finely chopped green onion white and green part
2-Tab. chopped green chiles I use mild canned, diced
1-c. Grated sharp Cheddar
1/2-c. grated Monterey Jack
Cut tomatoes in half and hollow them out. Drain on paper towels while you make filling.
In small bowl combine sour cream, salt,pepper sugar, flour,green onion, and chiles, stirring til well blended. Arrange tomatoes on broiler proof pan right side up:LOL:
Spoon in the sour cream mix and mound evenly over the tops.
Use another bowl and mix the grated cheese..set aside
Broil tomatoes about 4 inches from heat til bubbly about 3-5 minutes..Make sure they don't burn. Remove from oven sprinkle with the grated cheeses, return to broiler til cheese is melted and golden about 2-3 min.
ENJOY
kadesma:)

Great recipe, Kadesma. Give me some nice toasted French bread or Texas toast and fresh corn on the cob, I'll make a meal out of it.
Finally got my sweet corn last night...hybrid Cream and Sugar, so tender and sweet it was heavenly. :angel:

Constance said:
Great recipe, Kadesma. Give me some nice toasted French bread or Texas toast and fresh corn on the cob, I'll make a meal out of it.
Finally got my sweet corn last night...hybrid Cream and Sugar, so tender and sweet it was heavenly. :angel:
Me too Constance, I love veggies and can do just them often espicially in the summer with all the fruits and veggies to choose from..But, of course, I HAVE to HAVE bread, French or Italian..one favorite meal, corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes YUM:angel:
kadesma

jkath said:
Kadesma - that is a great recipe~!
I'm putting that one in my cooking binder!
Thanks jkath, it's one of my favorites, I don't need meat with it just some bread and I'm good.:) I hope you like it.
kadesma

jkath said:
You know, between you and Sierra, I bet if I got up North, I'd be fed all my favorite foods!
You got it:LOL: JUst name it, and I'd try to fix it :LOL:
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom