Stuffed Avocados

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the guys I was with ordered this for lunch today and it looked really good so I had to take a pic. It is stuffed with smoked salmon.

img_1053479_0_f305db3f896d99631657b6667614f61b.jpg

powerplantop said:
Thank you. When I saw it and the light was perfect I had to take a picture.

James

You gotta cut this out! Dang, that looks good.

One of the guys I was with ordered this for lunch today and it looked really good so I had to take a pic. It is stuffed with smoked salmon.

My monitor pic just changed...so I can replicate on the weekend...yum!!!

What kind of sauce is that?

Last edited:
I need a bigger notebook! Great pic, mouth-watering dish. I assume your friend gave it a thumbs-up, James, and that the ketchup and mayo bullseye is a hint of the sauce? That looks sooo good... pass me a wipe, not for my mouth, my puter screen...

Last edited:
I need a bigger notebook! Great pic, mouth-watering dish. I assume your friend gave it a thumbs-up, James, and that the ketchup and mayo bullseye is a hint of the sauce? That looks sooo good... pass me a wipe, not for my mouth, my puter screen...

I think that was a quail egg with ketchup. Yes he did like the dish.

I love stuffed avacados with seafood and the smoked salmon one looks awesome.

Anybody ever try a avacado smoothie? They are awesome. I have had them in vietnamese places. So good!

I had to log out, re-size my screen, and re-start my notebook for the pic...

A quail egg half. Very cool, maybe sitting in a depression in the avocado. Spoon of tobiko or a salmon egg would've been good, too, though I like the ketchup swirl. Bed of shredded nappa underneath.

Smoked or raw salmon?

I had to log out, re-size my screen, and re-start my notebook for the pic...

A quail egg half. Very cool, maybe sitting in a depression in the avocado. Spoon of tobiko or a salmon egg would've been good, too, though I like the ketchup swirl. Bed of shredded nappa underneath.

Smoked or raw salmon?

It was smoked but it looked very lightly smoked.

That's a beautiful presentation, PPT. Makes me wanna do a face dive into it! :pig:

I know what you mean. I love stuffed avocados and when they brought that thing out I wish I had ordered that. My civiche was good but the presentation on that avocado was impressive. If you are ever in Bogota then name of the place is El Buquey.

Does anyone else occasionally get an avocado that has a smoky flavor? Always the Haas ones, not the others. I like it when it happens, but then I love avocado, period, all varieties. Once I ran into a friend at the grocery store and she asked me if those (pointing to the big, lighter green ones) were what I was talking about (I'd told her those were the ones I ate when we lived in Hawaii). Yes. People say they aren't as good, but they are, just in a different way. I helped her select one and she agreed with me; a different flavor, not necessarily better or worse. Never saw them here again (I only have two grocery stores in my town; Piggly-Wiggly and Wal-Mart).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom