"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2019, 10:05 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda0818 View Post
Oh my gosh, that sounds fabulous. Would love a pic, if you can spare the time. I don't believe I've ever seen creamed cod and peas.
I could take a photo with my camera. But I don't have the cord to attach it to the computer.

I make the basic white sauce with seasonings that I will use. Old Bay, a pinch of salt and lots of pepper. Cut the cod into edible size and slowly cook (Simmering water) in clean salted water along with the peas. Drain well, add to the white sauce along with peas, and seasonings. Spoon over cooked seasoned rice.

You can add almost any frozen veggie of your choice. I always use a colorful veggie. Sometimes I will add two veggies to the white sauce. (Peas, corn, green beans, etc.) Otherwise the whole dinner is all white.

Having been married to a commercial fisherman, fish has played a big part in our lives. At one time the fishing fleet was here where I live. My husband would always come home with a huge fish from the very last catch. We also got a lot of lobsters. Fishermen consider lobsters, trash. So the usually toss them or keep the largest ones to take home or sell to a commercial company.

Old 02-09-2019, 10:10 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I could take a photo with my camera. But I don't have the cord to attach it to the computer.

I make the basic white sauce with seasonings that I will use. Old Bay, a pinch of salt and lots of pepper. Cut the cod into edible size and slowly cook (Simmering water) in clean salted water along with the peas. Drain well, add to the white sauce along with peas, and seasonings. Spoon over cooked seasoned rice.

You can add almost any frozen veggie of your choice. I always use a colorful veggie. Sometimes I will add two veggies to the white sauce. (Peas, corn, green beans, etc.) Otherwise the whole dinner is all white.

Having been married to a commercial fisherman, fish has played a big part in our lives. At one time the fishing fleet was here where I live. My husband would always come home with a huge fish from the very last catch. We also got a lot of lobsters. Fishermen consider lobsters, trash. So the usually toss them or keep the largest ones to take home or sell to a commercial company.
Firstly, your dish sounds fantastic. I will have to try that soon. I love fish and most seafood.

Secondly, how lucky are you to be married to a fisherman who brings home today's fresh catch? Super envious of you! I could eat fish and lobster every night.

Linda0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Firstly, your dish sounds fantastic. I will have to try that soon. I love fish and most seafood.

Secondly, how lucky are you to be married to a fisherman who brings home today's fresh catch? Super envious of you! I could eat fish and lobster every night.
Unfortunately both hubby #1 and#2 died of throat cancer. Heavy smokers. Now I have to buy all my seafood. I am not looking to bury #3 so I will stay single for the rest of my life.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Unfortunately both hubby #1 and#2 died of throat cancer. Heavy smokers. Now I have to buy all my seafood. I am not looking to bury #3 so I will stay single for the rest of my life.
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I too just lost my SO to cancer (liver) and renal failure, so it's just me and my son now. And, like you, I'm done with relationships and will stay single as well. We can stay single together!
Old 02-09-2019, 11:16 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I too just lost my SO to cancer (liver) and renal failure, so it's just me and my son now. And, like you, I'm done with relationships and will stay single as well. We can stay single together!
I am now living is a housing unit for the elderly with my middle son. He is my caretaker. There are some gentlemen who are in the low 60's and still feeling some of their oats. So anytime on of them might be dropping hints, I just tell them this.

"I have already put two men in the ground. Right now I am looking for victim #3. Would you care to volunteer?" That takes care of that little problem.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:49 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Quote:
I am now living is a housing unit for the elderly with my middle son. He is my caretaker. There are some gentlemen who are in the low 60's and still feeling some of their oats. So anytime on of them might be dropping hints, I just tell them this.

"I have already put two men in the ground. Right now I am looking for victim #3. Would you care to volunteer?" That takes care of that little problem.
Haha, no doubt that would take care of the problem

Tags
rice, tomato