"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs
Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
Senior Cook
Probably should toss, but if it were mine...I'd use it no problem. But that is just me.

BigAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
Master Chef
I'd toss it, but I'm a real chicken when it comes to questioning things like this. Back to the old Mantra...."when in doubt, throw it out".

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #13
Executive Chef
This sauce is fermented so it shouldn't really go bad. But as said before, for two bucks you can have some peace of mind.
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #14
Sous Chef
If you had it stored in the 'fridge, then most likely cold air in the bottle (which was confined to a specific volume) increased in pressure as it absorbed thermal energy from it's warmer surroundings. Then you got a pop upon opening it.
Nick ~ "Egg whites are good for a lot of things; lemon meringue pie, angel food cake, and clogging up radiators." - MacGyver
Nicholas Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
I would throw that one away...but under normal circumstances, the sauce lasts for years in the pantry
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #16
Assistant Cook
The bottle I currently have open pops when I flip the cap. I haven't noticed any change in the taste and it's almost gone anyway. It's French's, but it was $1 at Walmart so I wouldn't be surprised if it was low quality.
Andypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:32 PM   #17
Assistant Cook
From the manufacturer's mouth...

Okay, I found this thread after my own bottle of French's Worcestershire sauce not only popped and produced a cloud of fog, but actually foamed up like a beer!

I called the 800 number on the bottle. The rep I spoke to said this is actually normal for fresh bottles. I don't remember seeing it happen before, but since I tend to go through a bottle about once every ten years, that's not too surprising. It's also not surprising if you remember that Worcestershire is a fermented product.

If it does kill me, I'll be sure to post a followup message warning everybody.

-jeffB is offline   Reply With Quote