Egg Roll Wrapper Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spork, what great information... I would love to see pics of how you do those dumplings... Have you ever done the soup dumplings??? :)
I have a friend who makes a Chinese soup with broth and pork filled wrappers. We had a session and she showed amy daughter and I how to make them. They were so good.We used the won ton wrappers from the store. fill the wrapper lightly, then brush on either water,broth or egg and water then twist the top of the wrapper at awhere the meat filling is and then twist, when ready to cook heat soup and put in wrappers do not rapid boil just an easy simmer. These are wonderful.
kades

Kades, the soup dumplings i'm referring to actually have a broth inside them... You make a very gelatinous stock and cut small squares of the stock then place them inside the dumpling wrapper along with a pork mixture... When you steam them the stock melts inside and when you bite into one (carefully) you have a soup dumpling... :):):)

Today's it. Made several batches of wrappers last night. Bought some just in case.
I'll be using P.F. Chang's recipe for the pork filling.

Potstickers - P.F. Chang's China Bistro

*Andy.. Thank you for the steamer idea that was brilliant!! I have an old tacky electric wok that heats too much anyways. It's going to be a steamer now. It has a rack plus I have an additional round rack that is larger that can be placed inside. Covered.

I didn't forget the lettuce leaves. Making the chili paste now.

Munky.

Last edited:
woo hoo

You go Munky, i'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see pictures... Chinese food is one of my favorite foods, and P F Changs is an awesome restaurant... Where I live we has Changs baby, Pei Wei, and it is wonderful as well...

Much luck and happy woking!!! :):):)

Is it over cooked if it looks translucent ? Or a pasty dough color I'm looking for?
Filling tastes good, but it's not ( binding?) Somethings not right here. What did I do?
These are steamed, not pan fried. The filling is cooked and drained.

Munky.

Last edited:
Is it over cooked if it looks translucent ? Or a pasty dough color I'm looking for?
Filling tastes good, but it's not ( binding?) Somethings not right here. What did I do?
These are steamed, not pan fried. The filling is cooked and drained.

Munky.

Munky if it is translucent that is good, I looked at the recipe you used and it seemed to me that there is an awful lot of liquid, and very little meat... Try mixing a beaten egg white into the mixture, and then steam a small ball to see if it holds together for you...

I have a filling recipe that is exceptional if you'd like it... Let me know what happens... :)

Rushed that last post. I'll try the egg white and see how it goes.
I didn't exactly stick with the recipe. Doubled the pork amount and cabbage. Omitted the salt and broth. Let the spices and sauces do their thing. Didn't miss anything as far as taste goes. Probably didn't need the sugar either. Let it all simmer, something about raw pork wasn't sitting well with me. So it was cooked then drained.

Round 2 after hubby is off to work.
Thank you for the help.

Munky.

Rushed that last post. I'll try the egg white and see how it goes.
I didn't exactly stick with the recipe. Doubled the pork amount and cabbage. Omitted the salt and broth. Let the spices and sauces do their thing. Didn't miss anything as far as taste goes. Probably didn't need the sugar either. Let it all simmer, something about raw pork wasn't sitting well with me. So it was cooked then drained.

Round 2 after hubby is off to work.
Thank you for the help.

Munky.

AH HA Munky there is your problem you cooked the pork first, that is why it would not hold together and i'm not sure it will now even with an egg white... I've been making dumplins for many years, and the raw pork will cook, you have to trust me on that... If it doesn't hold together why not take your mixture, mix in some of the dipping sauce, slice your wrappers and steam them then put the pork mixture on top, and call it Munkys chinese noodles... ;):)

HAHAA!!! :ROFLMAO: I knew it was a ME kind of mistake.
Not all is lost though. With the wrappers I made the mix can be used to make Lumpia with the store bought wrappers. Not the good stuff.
Might even make a nice filling for ravioli or something like that.

Learned I can make my own wrappers. That are at least edible. Kitchen Aid was great for rolling out the dough into sheets. Cheated like a dog after rolling it out, used a large biscuit cutter for those perfect circles. :angel: stuff and pinch.

I've got another batch going right now. Take 2! This time better be better. Well it won't be as time consuming this round.
Thank you for pointing out that mistake. It's much appreciated . :)

Munky.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yes Munky you must go to your room!!! But no harm no foul you knocked it outta the park with your quick save... WHEWWWWW!!! Any who ha if you get adventerious again I have a beautiful filling for your wrappers...

:kiss::kiss::kiss: Mimi :angel:

My room is nice.. :angel:

I'd be on your recipe like a Hobo on a ham sammich! :LOL: Thank you.
Here's the final for my adventure of the day. Hope it's right.. My first time.

Munky.

img_898367_0_b8c257cf1d4fc6ef86b134d218bdcf01.jpg

You have to used boiling water for the wrappers. It changes the starch makes it more gelatinous.

Robert

Back
Top Bottom