Pol Roti with Katta Sambol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookingwithsanda

Assistant Cook
Here's a cooking method for Pol Roti using the ingredients below provided:

Ingredients:

Wheat Flour (250g)
Onion (1/2 nos.)
Curry leaves (5-10 leaves)
Green chilies (3 nos.)
Scraped Coconut (150g)
Salt (1 1/2 tsp)
Water (30ml - 60ml)
Coconut oil (a small amount)​

Cooking Method:
  • In a mixing bowl, combine the wheat flour, finely chopped onion, curry leaves, chopped green chilies, scraped coconut, and salt.​
  • Gradually add water while kneading the mixture to form a firm dough. Adjust the amount of water as needed until the dough holds together.​
  • Divide the dough into small portions and shape them into balls.​
  • Take one portion of the dough and flatten it with your hands to form a round roti. You can use a rolling pin and some additional flour if needed.​
  • Heat a flat skillet or clay pan over medium heat. Grease it lightly with coconut oil.​
  • Place the flattened roti on the heated clay pan and cook for a few minutes until the bottom side turns golden brown.​
  • Flip the roti to the other side and cook until it becomes golden brown as well.​
  • Repeat the process for the remaining dough portions, adding a little coconut oil to the clay pan for each roti.​
1687172707409.jpeg

Here are the steps to prepare katta sambol using the ingredients below provided:

Onion (01 no.)
Chili pieces (2 Tbsp )
Salt (1/4 Tbsp)
Lemon Juice (little bit)

Cooking Method:

1. Chop 1 onion.
2. The chopped onion, 2tbsp of chili pieces, and 1/4 tbsp of salt & grind the ingredients together until they form a paste.
3. Take ½ of lemon & adding the juice. Mix well the lemon juice to the onion and chili mixture.
4. Taste the katta sambol and You can add more salt if desired.
5. Transfer the katta sambol to a bowl or container.​
1687172743258.jpeg

Enjoy your homemade Pol Roti with katta sambol!

Ah, another nice one.
If the chili were fresh, you would have made sambal bawang :)
I'm quite sure there will be a sri lankan name for it as well, but I only know (a very little) bahasa Indonesia

Hello Badjak,
I am not familiar with sambal bawang food. But now I checked YouTube and looks like some kind of Sri Lankan "Lunu Miris" Anyway it looks absolutely delicious and spicy. So can't wait to make it and share my experience 🥰🥰

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom