Fresh Homemade Pasta Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
So, I found out that there's a Williams Sonoma 5 minutes from my house.....this is a bad thing.

Anyway, after a long excursion, I finally found a pasta machine. Today is my first attempt at some homemade pasta. I'm not sure of what shapes I'll do yet, but I have the ingredients for the sauces.

The first will be a mushroom and sage sauce, then a basic tomato basil and third will be a sun dried tomato and artichoke butter sauce.

All set......BRB:chef:

img_530042_0_29a674173dcf7cfb0ce543a3f2a8aeff.jpg

I love my pasta machine, but it's not as pretty as yours!

There is nothing that compares to fresh pasta, as far as I am concerned. I'm not sure if you've read up on making pasta, so bear with me on a couple of tips:

1. If the dough is too hard to work, add a little oil. It will soften the dough, as well as make the final product more tender.
2. Run it through at the thickest setting several times until you get a satiny sheen. You can then run it through once at each subsequent thinner setting.
3. Run the pasta through in smallish quantities. It will stretch out like you would not believe once you get to the thin settings.
4. Let the pasta dough rest for about half an hour, it makes for a better consistency. Use plastic wrap to prevent moisture loss.

I love the color of your walls. And your pasta machine is nice too!

Time for the sauce (in more ways than one)...

img_530097_0_dc5d49cd796c8800e12099951424e20c.jpg

I took a flight out of Napa Valley and picked this up. 92 Rating.

img_530097_1_02ad6777dd0303b506a75c7afcccbbd1.jpg

Thanks expat.....this just may be the end to boxed dried pasta.

I can seat 6....come on over.;)

Beautiful!

I've had my pasta machine for years... but am afraid to use it.
It's never even been out of the box! Congrats on a great job!!!!!

Wow!!! Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing! I understand fresh pasta will freeze well too. Do you ship to Cleveland? :)

Whew.

I just finished. I have a couple dishes of linguini. I also made some ravioli with a ricotta, basil, parm filling. I used a circular cutter for the top and bottom, but rolled out the top to make it a little bigger in diameter.

Did you make a stuffing for the little tubes?

No. I made ravioli and tortellini with the stuffing. The 'tubes' (garganelli) are maybe as thick as a pencil, so it would be difficult to stuff.

I'm going to try cavatelli today.....need some ricotta though.

Roasted chicken, spinach and havarti cheese ravioli's. I think a tomato cream sauce with a coupla sun dried tomatoes will finish it. I need one of those pasta wheel thingys.

img_530487_0_82d6bab41457cde27fea8bddd41408df.jpg

img_530487_1_b84230610135ab31855b1b090d1c0f1c.jpg

img_530487_2_d5d68d5fc8314dff16d4e1e10c6d0152.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom