Fusilli with Pecan and Cream Cheese Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Fusilli with Pecan and Cream Cheese Sauce
Serves 6
fusilliwithpecanandcreamcheese.jpg

3 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
5 oz pecans, chopped
1 lb fusilli
5 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

In a large frying pan, melt the butter and gently fry the garlic until golden. Add the pecans and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.

Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Add the cream cheese to the pecans and heat gently. Gradually stir in the cream and continue cooking gently until the mixture is warmed through.

Drain the pasta. Stir in the Parmesan and toss. Add the sauce, toss through and serve at once in warmed pasta bowls.

Recipe reprinted by permission of Weldon Russell. All rights reserved.

*I don't know Mr. Russell, but I've had this recipe from a magazine for years. I think the sauce could be served over ravioli or manicotti as well. I'd try adding some Italian Flat Leaf Parsley or artichoke hearts, as I think it needs an herb of some sort or something to give it a little more zing. See what you think.

Last edited:
I've made a very similar recipe with walnuts, but never pecans, The next time I see them for a good price I'll have to grab some up and try this too! I really like pasta dishes that incorpate nuts into them :mrgreen:

Me too! Nut case I mean. I would add some broccoli florets or some asparagus spears to this one. Looks lovely though.

Back
Top Bottom