ISO Fried Rice Done in the Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

summerf

Assistant Cook
Hi, First, I must say I love this site. I am new to it and it is awesome. I am getting the impression that there are a lot of great cooks out there.
My husband and I were at a function last weekend and one of the dishes served was honey garlic meatballs and fried rice. I was not able to get the recipe for the rice but I do know it was done in the oven.
Anyone out there with a good recipe for fried rice done this way.
Thanks.
Summer:rolleyes:

Hey Miss Summer....Welcome to DC!!

Oven fried rice sounds interesting...Hopefully some one will come along directly and bring us up to speed on this method! In the mean time enjoy the forums...

Have Fun!

Welcome to DC. While I have not made this myself, I like the idea & simplicity.

Oven-Baked Fried Rice

The honey-garlic meatballs sound yum. Can you share the recipe with us? TIA. Glad you joined us. :)

Honey Garlic Meatballs

Hi, This recipe for honey garlic meatballs is just a mish-mash of:

hamburg
bread crumbs
1 raw egg
onions and red pepper (chopped very,very small) if you have a chopper
HP sauce
Worchestershire sauce
salt and pepper

Make into balls and bake covered in a 350 degree oven

The sauce is: Jar of Non-Name Honey Garlic Sauce (in my neck of the woods, this is a sauce you buy in the grocery store)

Put the sauce in with the cooked meatballs at 325 and continue baking until done.
** sometimes I put the jar of sauce in with the cooked meatballs in the fridge overnight and then put into the oven the next day. This way the sauce has a chance to really absorb into the meatballs overnight.
Good Luck.
Summerf

We used to bake our rice for staff dinners where I used to work. Here's basically how it was done:

Start out the standard way by rinsing your rice at least 3 times in cold water. Melt some butter in a pot and sauté rice until butter is absorbed into it and it starts taking on some color. Taking on this color really brings out a wonderful flavor. We also added fresh sprigs on thyme to it and it was GREAT. You could also add fresh parsley, garlic, whatever flavors you want in your finished product. In a skillet sauté what you want in your rice i.e., peppers, onions, carrots, hamburger even, egg, garlic etc. Save the spring onions to top with at the end or if you want some cooked in the dish add them right before they go in the oven.

Pour rice into some sort of dish than can be covered. For one cup of rice use 2 cups liquid be it broth or water. You want to be able to place your fingers in the liquid and touch the top of the rice and have the water come up to your first knuckle joint of your middle finger. Dot with more butter or even olive oil. Cover tightly and cook at about 325 degrees for 40 - 50 minutes. You'll just need to test it.

When it's done just fluff and serve. I REALLY feel strongly about sautéing/browning the rice first. Don't forget to add your various flavoring ingredients when you pour into the casserole i.e., soy sauce, mushroom soy, dark soy, whatever it is that you like in your fried rice. A bit of oyster sauce is good too.

Back
Top Bottom