"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 07-02-2015, 06:06 AM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
You could also use the "ravioli" wrappers to make pierogi. Like Charlie said, mashed potatoes. You could add cheddar cheese, or sauteed onion, or bits of bacon to the mashed.

You could also turn those same "ravioli" wrappers into pot stickers. A seasoned ground pork mixture that includes shredded napa cabbage.

If you eat cream cheese or mascarpone, you could then make yourself a knock-off version of rangoon.

Have fun. Just make small batches of stuff in case you don't like it. You don't want a whole pile of
Don't forget Kreplach!

I had a friend that made them as a free or bonus meal from the leftover scraps of a pot roast and the broth made from the skin and bones of a roasted chicken.

Kreplach Recipe | Epicurious.com

Old 07-02-2015, 07:15 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Anything you put on the outside of pasta, you can put on the inside of pasta, IMO.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:17 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
OMGoodness, I love that - it's one of my faves! Sprinkled with toasted pine nuts and grated parm....YUM.
Can't do the pinenuts but love it with some pan-fried (in butter) sage leaves.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:16 AM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Don't forget Kreplach!

Kreplach Recipe | Epicurious.com

this recipe be should posted into folder "How not to make Kreplach. As an author mention about thick wrappers, "craplach".
Old 07-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Send a message via Skype™ to zfranca
How did ravioli originate?. Well, according to my sources, in medieval times, plates were not used. When big banquets were held a sort of flat bread, similar to what we call pita bread today, was used to hold the foods. They would collect the juices of the foods and at the end of the dinner these ‘’plates’’ were either tossed over to the dogs, or the servants would collect them and use them as a filling for their home made concoctions which would much resemble ravioli in to-day cooking. So in reality anything you can think of, could be an adequate filling, I have stated over and over that ravioli are the best recycle device ever invented.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:08 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Send a message via Skype™ to zfranca
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Anything you put on the outside of pasta, you can put on the inside of pasta, IMO.
I do not agree with this one. The filling for the ravioli cannot be too runny, while what you put on top, any type of sauce, should be.

Tags
recipe

ISO Ravioli Filling Recipes Would anyone have a recipe for a good tasting filling? One that doesn't require Ricotta cheese.I can't stand that stuff.It's right up there with mushrooms.Gives me the woollies..Spinach is out to.It would be an effort that I don't want to do to go to the store.:lol: I have fresh Parm and mozzarella on hand.Fresh pork and beef.Spices. The sauce and pasta sheets are already to go. If you have a recipe that can let me use my new toy, that would be great. It's going to be another hot day here again.Let's set it and forget it.Could be fun. 3 stars 1 reviews