Pasta with Cheeses TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Do your kids balk at pasta ? Mine only like certain kinds. Cade will try other types but he like the others loves this one
to 4 tab. unsalted butter, add 1/4 lb each of Fontima cubed, gorgonzola cubed. Bel Passe Cubed stirring constantly over low heat til it all melts. continue stirring til you have a smooth sauce, do not boil at any time.Add some pepper to taste,and 1/2 cup parmesan Drain your pasta, 1 lb. linguini and transfer to serving bowl. Pour in the cheese sauce mix well sprinkle the rest of the parmesan 2/3 cup serve NOW a green salad made with avocado,grilled shrimp, vidalia onions, tiny fresh radishes and some garlic bread cubes and a tart lemon dressing works well.
enjoy
kades:)

Here's my favorite. Sometimes I'll spruce it up by adding about a 1/2 pound or so of diced turkey ham &/or diced cooked broccoli.

BREEZY MULTI-CHEESE MACARONI AU GRATIN
(adapted from 365 Ways To Cook Vegetarian)

1 pound elbow macaroni
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup flour
2-1/2 cups milk
Approx. a half a pound to ¾ of a pound of a combination of grated or crumbled cheeses (gorgonzola, cheddar, gouda – smoked or regular - gruyere, etc., etc. – pretty much any crumbly cheese that suits your fancy. I frequently make this recipe with all sorts of odds & ends of grateable cheeses I have on hand.)
Approx. 4-6 ounces grated Mozzarella cheese
Approx. 4-6 ounces grated Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese
Approx. 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 egg, lightly beaten
Dried seasoned breadcrumbs (optional)
Hot paprika, or a combination of regular paprika & a little ground cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 350. In a large pasta pot, cook macaroni until tender but still firm, according to package directions. Drain well & return to pasta pot, tossing gently with 2 tablespoons butter. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour & cook, whisking, 1-2 minutes. Whisk in milk & bring “just” to a boil, still whisking, until sauce is thick & smooth, 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheeses - EXCEPT for Mozzarella & Parmesan - until they begin to melt, about 2-3 minutes. Season with nutmeg & black pepper to taste.

Add cheese sauce to cooked pasta. Add & gently stir in beaten egg, Mozzarella, & Parmesan cheeses. Transfer to a lightly oiled 9” x 13" or similar-size baking dish. Sprinkle with hot paprika or regular paprika & cayenne pepper & a little dry seasoned breadcrumbs if desired.

Bake 35-40 minutes, or until casserole is bubbling & top is nice & brown.

Sound and looks good Breezy. My gang will love it. Thanks for sharing.
kades

Back
Top Bottom