Pumpkin Pasta with cream sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Okay, I saw pumpkins at the roadside nursery today...so, this is for all the pumpkin junkies, myself included:chef:

Pasta

3 c. semolina flour
dash salt
dash nutmeg
2 extra large eggs - room temperature
1/2 c. pumpkin puree

Sauce

2 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. mixed fresh herbs (basil, chives, oregano, parsley, thyme, sage all work well together)
S&P to taste
1 c. grated romano cheese

For the pasta: Combine flour, salt and nutmeg in a mound on a board (you can surely use a food processor or the kitchen aid if you like). Make a well in the center and add the eggs and pumpkin puree. Mix the ingredients gently until they hold together. Knead gently till smooth. Let rest 10 minutes. Follow the directions on your pasta maker for making tagliatelle.

For the sauce: Heat the cream in saucepan over medium heat till reduced by a third. Add cheese and fresh herbs, S&P to taste.

Cook the pasta in rapidly boiling salted water, drain when cooked. (fresh pasta takes about 2 minutes) Toss with sauce and set into bowls. Serve with additional cheese and freshly grated nutmeg.

TIP: If you used fresh pumpkin, toast the seeds. Sprinkle on top of the pasta in the bowls before you serve for an additional texture.

TIP: I generally add some amaretto to the sauce...about 1/4 cup.

This is a great first course before pork or duck. Apple dumplings are a nice touch for dessert, especially if served with amaretto ice cream!

Enjoy:chef:

I've had plain pasta with pumpkin ragu sort of thing. The pumpkin breaks down and thickens the sauce. Pretty good.

thymeless

Back
Top Bottom