Red Beans & Rice Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hoot, that's very close to the same recipe I use. I love red beans & rice. And while I know it would probably be considered sacrilege in New Orleans, I like them with a little grated cheddar over the top.

Last edited:
There isn't any comparison to the crap served at junkfood/fastfood places and homemade food. Why anyone would want to emulate it is strange to me.
Time , not many people have the time to throwdown, in my house it has to planned , just like what to do with the leftover rice from the chinese spot:LOL:

Classic Spanish Pastoral Red Beans From Navarra

:yum: Buon Giorno, Good Morning,

Firstly, Welcome Aboard ...

Here is a classic Spanish recipe for red beans from the Basque Country Province of Navarra, where the Pyrenees divide Spain from France ... This recipe is a staple in the Northern Iberian Peninsula, where winters are continental in climate, long, wet and grey ... This dish hails from the Pastoral Culture in this region.

This recipe is one of our favorite red bean dishes ...

Classic Spanish Pastoral Red Beans From Navarra :chef:

500 grams of Red Beans ( Alubias from Tolosa, Navarra if possible ) soaked overnight in salted water ...

4 leeks diced finely
8 spring onions minced
2 carrots diced finely
1 red bell pepper diced finely
1 green bell pepper diced finely
Evoo ( extra virgin olive oil from Spain if possible or Italian )
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 fresh large red juicy ripe tomatoes deseeded and peeled
1/2 head of Berza, a curly type cabbage of choice
2 potatoes peeled
Garlic cloves ( 3 cloves minced )
1 Ham Hock
fresh parsley minced
2 Pork Italian Style Sausages of choice, sweet and spicy piquant

*** If you would like the instructions, I shall post them on Sunday morning ...

Kind regards.
Margi.

CraigC -- Like I said it was in desperation !!! I make it from scratch but I am the only one that eats it. So when I don't feel like eating for a week and have a craving for it, My fast food quickie alto not homemade takes the urge away.

Back
Top Bottom