Buonasera, Ladies and Gents,
Though there are approximately 250 - 300 Pasta types commonly known, some exported and some no, and another 1,000 shapes prepared by Home Gourmets, Michelin Chefs and Cooks throughout Italia┤s regions. Here is Part 1, my list beginning of 12 ...
Shape Up Your Pasta IQ - Part 1 - Beginning with 12
1) cavatelli : this pasta looks like a small closed shell of about 20 mm. It is commonly used in soups, and childrens dishes.
2) cannelloni : a large tubular shape pasta of 30 mm. to 100 mm. and / or a flat square sheet format. Uses: Stuffed Baked dishes.
3) Abissina Rigate: a tiny shell shaped pasta of 35 mm.
Used in soups and childrens dishes.
4) Anelli : a tiny 8 mm. ring shaped pasta used in childrens dishes.
5) fedelini : a 1.4 mm. in length thin spaghetti .
6) bavette : a thicker shorter spaghetti shaped ribbon pasta of 1.8 mm. in length.
7) capellini: angel hair is a very thin delicate spaghetti type pasta, of 1.4 mm. in length and commonly used with shrimp scampi and shellfish.
8) ditali : a short tubular pasta 10 mm. used in Pasta Fagioli ( fazool ).
9) cappelletti : a round shaped stuffed ravioli variety
10) bucatini : a thick long spaghetti variety of 2.9 mm. often used with Rag¨ type sauces.
11) farfalle : a bow tie and butterfly shaped pasta shape of 35 mm. which is very popular in pasta salads and for childrens dishes.
12) fettuccelle: a thinner fettuccini variety ribbon pasta .
Part 2 shall be following during the weekend.
Look forward to hearing your favorites.