"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 08-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #21
Executive Chef

me three--and since you (i) don't expect our bill to utilize much self-restraint when it comes to, um, fulfillment, i conclude the food must be better and more satisfying than i imagined a vegan diet ever capable of delivering. i myself, a hopeless carnivore--omnivore, more like--will certainly be looking to indulge my "veggie side" more, as well as welcoming more of the non-meat proteins into my diet. a nod to a healthier me (no pleasure sacrifice required). thanks, bill. :)

Old 08-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #22
Executive Chef

wouldn't consult b.c. for marriage counseling...but ol' bill knows a thing or two about pleasure. he is a hedonist who i don't expect will be denying himself much. i look to expert advice wherever i find it.... :)

Old 08-20-2011, 03:28 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Some of the best PM's in the UK and Europe have were cuckolds.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #24
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
LOL... I was thinking the same thing, but didn't say it.
sorry for the "detour" steve. your black beans and rice signature dish sure packs a powerful punch with folks - it's a keeper bigtime!!

Tags
recipe, rice & beans

Steve Kroll's Signature Dish My "signature dish" is something I often make, simply because it's quick and easy and I almost always have the ingredients on hand. Since it's also vegetarian, we sometimes have this on "Meatless Mondays". [B][SIZE=4]Southwest Black Beans & Rice [/SIZE][/B] [B]Ingredients[/B] [LIST] [*]1 tbsp olive oil [*]1 large onion, chopped [*]1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped [*]2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (optional) [*]5 cloves garlic, minced [*]1 14 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes with the juice [*]1 8 oz. can tomato sauce [*]2 tablespoons chili powder [*]1 tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika [*]2 cans black beans [*]Salt and pepper to taste [*]1/2 cup chopped cilantro [*]Juice from one lime [*]3 cups cooked brown rice [*]Accompaniments such as shredded cheese, chopped scallions, sour cream, pickled jalapenos. [/LIST] [B]Preparation[/B] Saute onion and bell pepper (and jalapeno, if used) in olive oil over medium high heat until translucent, but not browned. Add minced garlic and saute for another 30 seconds. Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, and paprika. When mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and stir in black beans and heat through. Season to taste. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water. You don't want it to be soup, but it should have a bit of "gravy." Just before serving, stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Serve over brown rice and garnish with shredded cheese, scallions, or whatever else you like. 3 stars 1 reviews