What is Your Pasta Passion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any kind of pasta dish. Can't think of one that I dislike.

What about linguini and earthworms on a wet lawn? Betcha don't like linguini and earthworms on a wet lawn, do ya? I didn't think so.:-p

But robins would flock to my yard if I put out linguini and earthworms in the morning (well maybe not Robin Williams, or Robin Trower, or Red Robin, Yummm), but a whole bunch of robins, just the same.:w00t2:

See? Told ya that I could come up with a pasta preparation that you wouldn't like (or maybe I didn't, but that's ok, 'cause I just told you. Ahh-hahahahaha).

"Hey! You wascilly wabbit, get away from my computer. You're gonna make everyone think I'm crazy."

"Too late. They already know you're crazy. I'm just reinforcing the idea. Tata for now."

"Get back here, you cwazy wabbit. You're goin' in the pot tonight!"

"Ha! You'll never catch me, Doc. What a maroon, what a nincompoop, what a... Now what's that word that means - A person who enjoys shooting sports? Oh yeh, nimrod. eehehehe. (Ain't I a stinker?)"

"Shhhhh. I'm huntin' wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm
gonna shoot da wabbit."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeya; Have a great Easter weekend, and watch out for wabbits that want to play with your computer. They'll make people think you're crazy:wacko:. Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North said:
What about linguini and earthworms on a wet lawn? Betcha don't like linguini and earthworms on a wet lawn, do ya? I didn't think so.:-p

But robins would flock to my yard if I put out linguini and earthworms in the morning (well maybe not Robin Williams, or Robin Trower, or Red Robin, Yummm), but a whole bunch of robins, just the same.:w00t2:

See? Told ya that I could come up with a pasta preparation that you wouldn't like (or maybe I didn't, but that's ok, 'cause I just told you. Ahh-hahahahaha).

"Hey! You wascilly wabbit, get away from my computer. You're gonna make everyone think I'm crazy."

"Too late. They already know you're crazy. I'm just reinforcing the idea. Tata for now."

"Ha! You'll never catch me, Doc. What a maroon, what a nincompoop, what a... Now what's that word that means - A person who enjoys shooting sports? Oh yeh, nimrod. eehehehe. (Ain't I a stinker?)"

"Shhhhh. I'm huntin' wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit."

Seeeeya; Have a great Easter weekend, and watch out for wabbits that want to play with your computer. They'll make people think you're crazy:wacko:. Chief Longwind of the North

Right, The Chief, AKA Dad, has lost it. He's been close for years but...

@ Craig,

Yes, I have to say it is quite difficult considering there are over 365 Italian pasta dishes in Italy ! I enjoy almost all of them ... I prefer olive oil and garlic and / or tomato based sauces however ... Basil Pesto, Bolognese and Vongole ( clams ) are some of my other faves. And NORMA which is a Sicilian Aubergine Vegetable & Tomato & Goat or Ricotta Cheese Sauce.

Have nice wkend and thanks for your post.
Margi.

Pesto sauce with orzo
penne with red gravy
macaroni and cheese
spaghetti with brown butter,sage and mizithra
Lasagne
spaghetti with spicy peanut butter sauce,grated carrot,cilantro,scallion and chopped peanuts

"Shhhhh. I'm huntin' wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit."

:ermm: :LOL:

I never met a pasta dish I didn't like. My favorite is fresh homemade - lemon or spinach with butter and grated parmesan.

There are so many flavors (& shapes) you can make at home:

Pasta Flavors:
Types of Pasta - How To Cooking Tips - RecipeTips.com

I have an Imperia pasta maker & a dumpling press:

I have been thinking about a star raviolamp:

Amazon.com: Imperia - Mould for Ravioli - Raviolamp - Little stars 10: Home & Kitchen

I like butternut squash filled ravioli with brown butter & sage sauce.

The market carries a pretty good fresh ravioli stuffed with lobster.

Pierogies, dumplings, manicotti cheese & spinach stuffed shells, & tortellini are some other favorites.

Too many to list.

Last edited:

"Shhhhh. I'm huntin' wabbit. I'm gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm gonna gonna shoot da wabbit. I'm
gonna shoot da wabbit."

Ooooo-kayyyy, I think we need to have THE talk.

My current favorite is spaghetti alla carbonara. Rich and creamy with the salty meaty flavor of pancetta/guanciale and the unctuous rich creaminess of the egg yolk. Out of this world!

Margi, if you like chicken livers, I was reminded of a pasta dish with red wine or Marsala, chicken livers & pasta...

Spaghetti alla Caruso

Spaghetti alla Caruso is wonderful!

I have not seen it on a menu in years. We used to get it at a little old fashioned Italian restaurant in our city. The kind of place where the waiters are all over sixty and the parking lot was always full of cars but the dining room was always empty! Where is everybody? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

I have not seen it on a menu in years. We used to get it at a little old fashioned Italian restaurant in our city. The kind of place where the waiters are all over sixty and the parking lot was always full of cars but the dining room was always empty! Where is everybody? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

that sounds like an old yogi berra-ism, about eating at a very poular local restaurant.

yogi said that he wasn't going because, "that place is so busy that nobody goes there anymore".

My current favorite is spaghetti alla carbonara. Rich and creamy with the salty meaty flavor of pancetta/guanciale and the unctuous rich creaminess of the egg yolk. Out of this world!
Mine, too, Andy. I like to play around and substitute the meat if I don't have pancetta. I love crumbled Italian sausage with it.

LOL. The Early Bird Special at Leisure World? It does sound good. :)

@ Cerise,

Wow ... that is quite an oldie but goodie, CHICKEN LIVERS ... it is a rustic dish ... shall ask about while I am in Apulia.

There are so many variations for each regional dish, especially once they cross the ocean ...
Thanks for post. ( enjoyed )
Happy Holidays.
Margi.

Last edited:
@ Cerise: Tortellini in Caruso

In late 2010, for the Christmas Holidays, the Vet and I had gone to Punta de Este, Uruguay and had a dish, which was similar to a Bechamel only alot thicker ... tortellini al´ caruso ... It was quite delicious ...

However, I am not sure if this is the dish, you are referring to ?

Kindest. Margi.

Last edited:
One of my latest, best pasta dishes comes from David Rocco's Dolce Vita. It's called Pasta Fritta....something his grrandma used to make....try it, you like it....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom