"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery

Old 01-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #501
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork View Post
Dang! I want that Rolling Stones lunchbox! Makes me want to tear into it come lunchtime.

It's fun putting it together in the morning, fun to eat, fun to reassemble emptied afterward. And, I too agree that it seems to encourage healthier eating. Less pre-made or processed stuff that just gets thrown into a paper bag. Less fastfood restaurants/cafeterias. More thought goes into its assembly = better food choices.

Don't worry at the start, Merlot, about fretting over what to put into it. The menus come easier as you build a repertoire of what works and what doesn't. As for the Japanese bento lunches I've posted, it's mostly simply because my marinara spaghetti lunches don't photograph as well.

Yay! Have fun, Merlot.
The RS lunchbox comes from amazon and is just 3 easy payments of...

My plan was actually grilled chicken, whole wheat pasta and marinara (how did you know!) I also bought some baby bella cheese. The fruit looked awful but I have some frozen peaches... I think I can work on it.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #502
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Many of my best lunches have come from the inspiration at this blog: Just Bento | a healthy meal in a box: great bento recipes, tips, and more

She covers everything, right now her hubby is making Bentos, as she is recovering from cancer treatment. And I love the cookbook...it's available at Amazon...<duck>

Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #503
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Many of my best lunches have come from the inspiration at this blog: Just Bento | a healthy meal in a box: great bento recipes, tips, and more

She covers everything, right now her hubby is making Bentos, as she is recovering from cancer treatment. And I love the cookbook...it's available at Amazon...<duck>

*starts to sweat* That amazon one click deal is a scary scary thing.

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll check it out!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #504
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
*starts to sweat* That amazon one click deal is a scary scary thing.

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll check it out!
Oh yeah, I got in lots of trouble with the Amazon one click...nori punches, Hello Kitty things...more bento boxes...
Old 01-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #505
Cupcake

Quote:
Oh yeah, I got in lots of trouble with the Amazon one click...nori punches, Hello Kitty things...more bento boxes...
Hello Kitty Things....

MORE Bento Boxes.....One can never have too many!

Amazon One-Click.......Did you know I can click it while holding a conversation??
Old 01-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #506
Executive Chef

I buy a lot of stuff via Amazon. I've so far resisted signing up for the one-click purchasing. The standard method works fine for me with PayPal.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #507
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I buy a lot of stuff via Amazon. I've so far resisted signing up for the one-click purchasing. The standard method works fine for me with PayPal.
It actually comes in really handy for me regarding my kindle. I'm sure a few extra steps wouldn't hurt me but I do like it :)
Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #508
Head Chef

Quote:

I may have to subscribe...
Boxes made by "The Guy," otherwise known as Max.
As for signing up to Amazon's patented one-click, knowing me, I would click-click-click-click, dang-it-what's-wrong-with-this-stupid-computer?
Old 01-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #509
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Hello Kitty Things....

MORE Bento Boxes.....One can never have too many!

Amazon One-Click.......Did you know I can click it while holding a conversation??
I can click it with my eyes closed!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #510
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
It actually comes in really handy for me regarding my kindle. I'm sure a few extra steps wouldn't hurt me but I do like it :)
The Kindle is how I got onto the one-click...it does save time when I am on a spending spree.

Tags
bento, fish, onigiri, other, rice, rice cooker