Korean Bulgogi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh! I'm sorry Dove!
I'm very thank you and your husband for helping my country..
I'm korean student who want to know what happened in Korean war!
Could you please tell me more about korean memories If you have some :)

funnyrock,
My Husband was there in 1951 where he turned 21 years old. I say he was in a North Korean foxhole..he corrects me and says "I was in my own foxhole, I dug it myself" I do have some pictures taken then..if you are interested send me your e-mail address and I can send them to you. He never talked about the wars..he did to our sons but it was funny things. the war was kept inside him only to be relived again when he was 75 years old. I hated to see him going through that one and the Vietnam war while sleeping.
Dove
Where are you located now?

Dove,
I'm very happy to meet you..
and I really really want to have your picture!

I now live in Souel south Korea..

Last edited by a moderator:
Korea has change so much since we were there as a family in 1963.
Chinhae ..(Jinhae) just west of Pusan was a poor farming village.now I understand it is a very busy city..

My father was in Korea at the end of the war; my husband was there in the early 70s. My husband really developed a taste for Korean food and introduced me to it. I try to make bulgogi and kalbi, a chicken dish (can't think of the name of it right now), chop chae, and various kim chees and other salads and pickles, but it never tastes as good as at my favorite Korean restaurants (there are none around here) over the years.

Oh, by the way, be careful of the sugar part of the bulgogi recipes. I learned the hard way that sugar, like yogurt as a marinade in middle eastern recipes, can turn the meat (especially since it is sliced so thin) into mush if you leave it overnight. We have a tendency to think that if an hour or two is good, overnight will be better. NOT SO for sugar or yogurt.

Also try the spicy pork bulgogi with marinade consisting of gochujang, minced garlic, ground pear/onion (little bit of onion otherwise too hot).

Back
Top Bottom