In this thread Im going to post traditional Criolla and Peruvian dishes. Influences include Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and African techniques and ingredients. Lots of rice! Almost every dish is served with white rice. You can spice up the rice though with garlic, ginger, mango, peas and carrots or whatever you like!
Ive really been inspired by the cooking here. Most dishes are prepared quickly and simply focusing on a freshness of ingredients. There are no heavy, french style sauces, no thick dressings overpowering the natural flavors of vegetables. For the most part they are just simple....and simply delicious!
First up Im going to preview.........
(Lomo Fino if tenderloin is used)
To Serve 4:
1-1 1/2 Lb flank steak, cut into stips
3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into eights
1 Large red onion, julienned
1 Yellow Chili pepper (Aji Amarillo), julienned
2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
3 Teeth of garlic, minced
1-2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/8 C Light, Chinese soy sauce
Red White for marinade (OPTIONAL, not typical here)
S & P to your liking
French Fries enough for 4
White rice (spiced up how you like it!)
0. Start preparing your rice and french fries before you start cooking the main part of this dish as it will only take about 5-7 minutes to be done!!
1. Over high flame heat the oil and give the steak a quick sear. Remove the steak from the pan and set aside.
2. Toss in your tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic and aji pepper. Saute briefly until heated through.
3. Return the beef to the pan. Deglaze by adding the red wine vinegar and swirling briefly.
4. Add the soy sauce to the pan and cook until most of the moistre has evaporated (Au Sec as those people who wear those silly white hats would say.)
5. Serve over top of the french fries and with a side of rice. IF you´re feeling fancy go ahead and garish with a little piece of Cilantro.
You´re Done! Que rrrrrrrrrriiiiiicooooooooo!
Feedback always appreciated!