Russian cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have gotten very interested in Eastern European cooking recently ... and would love to learn more. I hope Sunny will come back and share with us!

Well I am glad some of you enjoyed the ruscuisine site, personally I find it very interesting also some articles along with the recipes. Yes I do agree there are many wonderful recipes from Russia, and I try not to stereotype any kind of cuisine by saying "russians can't cook" or "american cooking sucks" or anything like that... there are always good, bad and ugly in every genre (not only cuisines, also music, books cinema etc.) just a matter of being done well with good taste and material or not... it is always good to keep a open and curious, accepting mind....

I like American cooking, it was just difficult to understand at first, I only had the recipes on the net to go on.

Australia is much the same as America. We also have alot of different people here, alot of people came here in search of gold. I have recently learnt German cooking because there are alot of German's here, but I learnt it from Americans! I have had to learn it because the ingredients are here when sometimes there are little other ingredients. I have only been in this town for over a year.

I am also growing collards this year and okra, although I guess it depends on how much heat we get, maybe they won't grow.

I have a book titled "Katish: Our Russian Cook written by Wanda L. Frolov. It is adorable, and has a few simple, believable, do-able recipes. I keep forgetting to look for more in the series when I hit book stores.

Not for faint hearted

Forshmack:

1 whole herring, deboned

8 ounce butter

1 green apple, medium size

1 small to medium onion

2 slices white bread or a bread roll soaked in vinegar

and squeezed to get rid of liquid

1 to 3 hard boiled eggs, depends on your taste.

Put herring, apple, onion, hard boiled egg, and bread thru meat grinder, mix it well. Done. Chill before serving. Personally, I love it as a side for mash potato. Usually it is served asHors D'oeuvres.

Back
Top Bottom