Shoarma, Shawarma etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm wondering if it's some kind of Harissa paste-based sauce? In Lebanon and other arabic countries, there is a kind of sauce put on wraps which is red, made of harissa paste, minced onion and I think coriander leaves...

TATTRAT said:
I would ask one of the venders. the one I always went to was around the cornor from my flat. I was at the North end of the herengracht, the shop was right besides a FEBO bar...although there are hundreds of both:).

I'll e-mail my buddies over there for ya if you would like, see if they can come up with anything.
Thank you!! That would be great!

Shoarma has everything to do with Dutch cuisine as it is embedded in Dutch culture. There are hundreds of shoarma bars in Amsterdam alone. It is an incredibly popular fast food. Indigenous no, but as well known as Mcdonalds in the states.

LOL - it's not just in The Neatherlands ... assuming this Shawarma is what you are talking about.

Assuming you're looking for the hot sauces - here are some recipes for Zhug and one for Schug - sorry, I couldn't find a recipe for Schug Chum (made with tomatoes instead of peppers) but I would imagine you would just make it the same and use tomatoes in place of the peppers.

Hope this info get's you started.

Back
Top Bottom