Easy Cheese Souffle - T & T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Alix had asked about an easy souffle. This was my first that I made years ago, and it came out really well.

EASY CHEESE SOUFFLE

1 can (10.5 oz) condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup, undiluted
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (or cayenne?) (Don't recall which I used, pick the one you like)
6 eggs, separated

Bring eggs to room temp before beating; use clean bowl & beaters, even a small amount of fat or yolk will inhibit beating.

In saucepan, over low heat, combine soup, cheese & nutmeg. Heat till cheese melts, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. In large bowl, with mixer at High, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.

In small bowl with mixer at High, beat egg yolks till thick & lemon colored. Gradually stir in soup mixture, fold into egg whites. Pour into ungreased 2-qt casserole or souffle dish. Bake at 300 for 1 hour or until souffle is lightly browned.

Here are some variations, I have yet to try.

Soup - Cream of Asparagus, Cheese - Swiss, Seasoning 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Soup - Tomato, Cheese - American, Seasoning - 1/4 tsp marjoram leaves, crushed

Soup - Cream of Chicken, Cheese - Jarlsberg, Seasoning - 2 tbls fresh parsley

Last edited:
A friend of mine always makes Cheese Souffle for her daughter's birthday at her request. I asked for her recipe - she said, just look in the Betty Crocker cookbook. She's used it for years. I keep thinking I will look it up, but that is the one cookbook I have and can't find.

licia said:
A friend of mine always makes Cheese Souffle for her daughter's birthday at her request. I asked for her recipe - she said, just look in the Betty Crocker cookbook. She's used it for years. I keep thinking I will look it up, but that is the one cookbook I have and can't find.

Hi licia. Actually this is from a very old Campbell's soup mix n match recipe book. Perhaps the 1970's? It is very easy. Hope you will give it a try.

shannon in KS said:
These look yyyyuuuuuummmmmyyyyyy! I gotta try the asparagus one!

Hey, Sannon, that sounds good too. I'm curious about a tomato souffle, as I've never seen a recipe or tried it. Hope you like it.:)

cristal said:
Mish, have you tried doing this recipe with different types of cheese?

cristal, good idea. Think you could mix n match cheeses and seasonings of choice, and come up with a whole different taste. For a three ingredient recipe, it's pretty surprising, IMO.

Last edited:
I've used the Bistro Blends in various recipes and love them. I will try some of the souffle versions soon. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom