"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #71
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Because we know we can tease you and you LOVE it!
So true!

Old 03-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #72
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Wise guy!!

Do you mean Harry's Corner, Rt 46 E South Hackensack across from Plaza 46 diner? Mom would take me there for sausage, pepper, onion, potato and egg sandwiches. YUM!! I miss that place.
that's the place!!! i couldn't remember it's name for the longest time! i think it's on the border of teterboro and little ferry, though. not s. hackensack. but you never know.

i miss it too. it was bought by a couple of biker mamas who kept it going for a while after harry retired (or left, sold it, or died. i dunno what happened to him). then it became a teeny brick oven pizza place that sucked royally. the shack was finally razed just recently.

geez, i can't count how many times i closed up the mousetrap, gleason's, the junkyard, bars in the city, or even shakers or satin dolls and went there for a double double and large oj at 2 or 3am. a great hangover preventer.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #73
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
that's the place!!! i couldn't remember it's name for the longest time! i think it's on the border of teterboro and little ferry, though. not s. hackensack. but you never know.

i miss it too. it was bought by a couple of biker mamas who kept it going for a while after harry retired (or left, sold it, or died. i dunno what happened to him). then it became a teeny brick oven pizza place that sucked royally. the shack was finally razed just recently.

geez, i can't count how many times i closed up the mousetrap, gleason's, the junkyard, bars in the city, or even shakers or satin dolls and went there for a double double and large oj at 2 or 3am. a great hangover preventer.
It was south hackensack. Right at the end of philips ave. My uncle was a fireman for south hack and lived on phililps ave.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #74
Executive Chef

I love eggs in a variety of ways. I love egg salad sandwiches, fried egg sandwiches with cheese and ham. Frittatas made with spinach, garlic, and onions or fresh basil, cherry tomatoes and asiago. Omeletes filled with hashbrowns, sausage, green pepper and topped with sausage gravy or mushrooms, onions, celery, olives and feta. Fried in bacon greese over-easy with crispy edges served over a medium rare, peppered rib eye (runny egg yoke is the best steak sauce). Hashbrowns fried with onions, bacon and sausage sprinkled with shredded cheese and topped with a couple eggs poached in butter. Eggs scrambled with sauteed celery and extra sharp cheddar. But my favorite is a scrambled egg skillet my husband taught me to make.

1/4 cup cooked, crumbled breakfast sausage
1/4 cup cooked, diced ham
1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet apple (our favorite is the gala but we also really like yellow delicious)
1/4 cup diced celery
3 american cheese slices or equivalent amount of velveeta chopped up
4 eggs
2 tblsp milk
Black pepper to taste

Beat eggs with the milk and black pepper. In a large skillet heat a small amount of oil (just enough to coat the bottem of the pan) on medium heat. Add the eggs and all other ingredients except the cheese. Cook as scrambled eggs. When the eggs are mostly done but still just slightly runny add the cheese and cover the pan. Cook until eggs are set. Stir. There will be some liquid in the pan from the celery and apples. When you stir it the cheese will mix with it and become a sauce that covers everything. Share with your favorite people.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #75
Senior Cook

spanish omelet and homemade mayonnaise :)

Per aspera ad astra
Souvlaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #76
Chef Extraordinaire

made a sort of omelet this a.m. red,green,orange peppers, onions and lots of garlic powder, pepper. just scrambled one egg into it and a little cheese. it tasted really good and my tummy didn't care if it was a carefully folded omelet.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:06 AM   #77
Executive Chef

Thanks again for all the feedback, photo input and recipes. Fabulous Group!
Margi.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #78
Master Chef

Interesting recipe in our local paper today about eggs, I thought it would fit perfectly into this thread.

The versatile egg | StarTribune.com
Old 03-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #79
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Interesting recipe in our local paper today about eggs, I thought it would fit perfectly into this thread.

The versatile egg | StarTribune.com
I know it was just the novelty of it, but back in the boyscout days, we used to do something similar in an orange peel cup. It was cooked in the campfire coals. Too bad even the adult leaders didn't know that "special" flavor was from the use of pine firewood!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #80
Executive Chef

Sheer reading pleasure.
Thank Charlie for recommending it and posting the information.

Cool article. Lemon and / or Lime --- this is interesting. I am going to read over when I get to Puglia Friday.

Grazie, Merc.
Margi.

Tags
egg