"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Both in Italy and Spain
Posts: 3,425
Cerise: Goat Cheese

Thanks so much for your feedback.

I adore fresh goat cheese with herbs ... Lovely with grissini or fave type of bread ... French varieties are mild for first timers ...

Let us know how the tasting goes ... Head over to your Cheese suppliers, and ask for a tasting of Foreign goat cheeses ...

Thanks for all your feedback too,
Margi. Ciao.
__________________

__________________
Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Thanks so much for your feedback.

I adore fresh goat cheese with herbs ... Lovely with grissini or fave type of bread ... French varieties are mild for first timers ...

Let us know how the tasting goes ... Head over to your Cheese suppliers, and ask for a tasting of Foreign goat cheeses ...

Thanks for all your feedback too,
Margi. Ciao.
I love goat cheese soooo I'm going to be making some here at home. bought goats milk as I understand that gives the best fllavor. We shall see. Wish me luck
kades
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
Executive Chef
 
Hoot's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The edge of the Great Dismal Swamp
Posts: 3,308
I am fond of goat cheese too. Mrs Hoot, on the other hand will not even try it.
She says it ain't normal. I tried to tell her that goat cheese has likely been around longer than cow cheese. She says "Yep, I can understand that!"
Kadesma, let us know how it comes out, please!
__________________
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
I am fond of goat cheese too. Mrs Hoot, on the other hand will not even try it.
She says it ain't normal. I tried to tell her that goat cheese has likely been around longer than cow cheese. She says "Yep, I can understand that!"
Kadesma, let us know how it comes out, please!
'll let you knw. My daughter is going to help me so I'm anxious to get started. You Mrs. Hoot doesn't know what she is missing. I have some my other daughter brought over yesterday, It is packed with herbs, Italian parsley, a touch of rosemary and tarragon. will be used tonight on toasted baguette with prosciutto that's been crisped should be wonderful.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #15
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Both in Italy and Spain
Posts: 3,425
Kades: Wow, Homemade Goat Cheese!

Buon Giorno Kadesma,

Wow ... I cannot wait to see a photo and hear all about the results ...

What type flavour profile are your aiming for ?

I truly love fresh creamy goat cheese, semi hard goat cheese and aged ...

I make home made Ricotta all the time, as it is so simple ... The recipe is on D.C.īs Cheese Section ...

I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards and Happy 4th,
Ciao, Margi.
__________________
Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #16
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Both in Italy and Spain
Posts: 3,425
Buon Giorno Steve,

I have found that with Gorgonzola Blue Vein Variety, it pairs lovely with Port, either Portuguese or Sardinian slightly chilled ... It is a match made in heaven ...

Which Ports have you liked ?

Ciao, Have a Happy 4th,
Margi.
__________________
Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #17
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Both in Italy and Spain
Posts: 3,425
Hoot,

I am a Cheese-a-holic ... and the only cheeses I do not really care for without melting them, are some hard aged cow varieties for example; Edam, Swiss, Gouda, Havarti or Orange rind types or orange compact flesh for eg: cheddar and muenster ...

If, Mrs. Hoot, were to taste ( without knowing ) some in a Quiche or Grilled Cheese for example or in a Lasagne al Forno --- she probably would develop a taste for it ... and not notice it was goat milk cheese verses cow milk cheese.

Does she like ewe milk cheeses ?

There are some goat cheeses which are very similar to Cream Cheese, as in Philadelphia Brand except made with goatīs milk verses cow milk.

She might of had a bad experience as a kid with goat milk ?

French Goat Cheese Montrachet is very light and creamy and does not possess a strong aroma ... Perhaps, melt some in a sandwich or dot a salad with a crumbly type, similar to a Greek salad ---

Feta cheese can either be ewe milk or goat milk produced !

Have a wonderful 4th,
Margi. Ciao.
__________________
Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,290
I love goat chese--my favorite is gjetost as a dessert cheese.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
Executive Chef
 
Hoot's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The edge of the Great Dismal Swamp
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Hoot,

I am a Cheese-a-holic ... and the only cheeses I do not really care for without melting them, are some hard aged cow varieties for example; Edam, Swiss, Gouda, Havarti or Orange rind types or orange compact flesh for eg: cheddar and muenster ...

If, Mrs. Hoot, were to taste ( without knowing ) some in a Quiche or Grilled Cheese for example or in a Lasagne al Forno --- she probably would develop a taste for it ... and not notice it was goat milk cheese verses cow milk cheese.

Does she like ewe milk cheeses ?

There are some goat cheeses which are very similar to Cream Cheese, as in Philadelphia Brand except made with goatīs milk verses cow milk.

She might of had a bad experience as a kid with goat milk ?

French Goat Cheese Montrachet is very light and creamy and does not possess a strong aroma ... Perhaps, melt some in a sandwich or dot a salad with a crumbly type, similar to a Greek salad ---

Feta cheese can either be ewe milk or goat milk produced !

Have a wonderful 4th,
Margi. Ciao.
I have never had a cheese I didn't like. 'Course there just ain't much I don't like to eat anyway.
As far as Mrs Hoot goes, It's just the idea of it. She is one of those folks that just aren't very adventurous when it comes to eating. I nudge her from time to time to to try this or that, but I don't get ballistic about it. She has a perfect right to enjoy what she wants and refrain when she wishes.
I wouldn't change a single thing about her.
__________________
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #20
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Both in Italy and Spain
Posts: 3,425
Buon Giorno Hoot,

You know what, You are 100% Right ... Do not change a single thing about Mrs. Hoot ...

Her palate says no to goat cheese and it is relatively unimportant, if the two of you are fulfilled and happy ... it is too petty to worry about goat cheese !

Have a wonderful 4th July,
Margi. Ciao.
__________________

__________________
Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cheese, ethnic, other

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.