ISO recipe for homemade cheese.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Farmer Jon

Sous Chef
If anyone makes their own cheese will you please share your recipe and tips. I would like to try and make my own. If you don't want to share will you point me in the right direction to find a good recipe?

Last edited:
There are TONS of sites on cheesemaking, as well as books. We found a place where you can get raw milk (although it is labeled for non-human consumption, pfffft) and made mozzarella, ricotta and mascarpone. It wasn't difficult, though I cooked the first batch of moz too long and it didn't have that really soft texture we wanted. The ricotta and mascarpone were great though. Used the mascarpone to make the best brownies we've ever had in our lives.

Had made some ricotta long ago using just lemon juice and store-bought milk. It was pretty easy too though I have to say the non-pasturized milk made a better end product and formed the curd better.

Farmer Jon, your post is from 2014 but I still see you around. Have you had any luck with making cheeses? I started last fall watching videos and the blog by Gavin Webber and now I'm knee deep in cheese and I love making it. The blog and videos are free and they show you each step and give you a recipe. I'll start a new post on making cheese and unfortunately all the cheese I make is with store bought milk, but with the addition of calcium chloride, it works well.

Back
Top Bottom