Applesauce Oatmeal Quick Bread Recipe, TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mott's applesauce is unsweetened. The blueberry stuff I have says: Apples, water, apple puree, vegetable juice for color (carrot), blueberry puree, natural flavor and ascorbic acid. Each cup of sauce = 1 serving of fruit.

I didn't have time to make this yesterday as I got bogged down with cleaning (YUCK!) so it is happening today. I'll post results.

I'm happy to see that snack packs for kids - everyone, really - are available minus the HFC we've been alerted to. This reinforces the importance of taking the time to read the back of the package when we shop.

I hope your a'sauce bread was a great success.

Hey tinlizzie, I actually created a different recipes sans applesauce. I didn't want to use up the snack packs and was too lazy to make some. It ended up being awesome.

Hey tinlizzie, I actually created a different recipes sans applesauce. I didn't want to use up the snack packs and was too lazy to make some. It ended up being awesome.

Do tell us where to find it. (Speaking of being too lazy- I'll just ask you instead of hunting it up.) You know, I'm nearly on the verge of creating an "Alix" folder, just for your recipes. Already have your lemony ones grouped together. Oh, and the maple nut cake, too.

WOW! My own file! I feel quite honoured, thanks tinlizzie. Here is the link to the recipe I came up with. My family likes it a lot, and it stands up to a toasting in the toaster.

Thanks very much. This sounds like the perfect Fall loaf. I hope to make it now that what passes for Fall down here is cooling things off a bit. Gotta put those cranberries on my shopping list.

i'll just tack this on here. made oatmeal cookies for bob the ride man. no butter used butter flavored shortening. no oatmeal, had an oatmeal cookie mix. what a lovely crisp sweet cookie. i popped on half a dried apriocot on top of each one before baking.

babetoo said:
i'll just tack this on here. made oatmeal cookies for bob the ride man. no butter used butter flavored shortening. no oatmeal, had an oatmeal cookie mix. what a lovely crisp sweet cookie. i popped on half a dried apriocot on top of each one before baking.

Good for you Babe. I just love it when the kitchen experiments turn out great!

Back
Top Bottom