Bimini Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndaW

Cook
Years ago we use to go to a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale and they served
Bimini Bread
does anyone have a good (easy - would also be nice) recipe........and yes, I do have a new bread machine (my old one finally wore out from overusage)

Fly into Ft. Lauderdale, catch a boat to Bimini, buy Bimini bread, take boat back to Ft. Lauderdale and fly to home destination! Don't forget to pick up some conch too! I think that covers the whole recipe.;)

Fly into Ft. Lauderdale, catch a boat to Bimini, buy Bimini bread, take boat back to Ft. Lauderdale and fly to home destination! Don't forget to pick up some conch too! I think that covers the whole recipe.;)

Darn, why didn't I think of that...............you are sooo smart
And we love REAL conch chowder-----the two are really great together. Can you still purchase REAL conch?
Wonder what the dish for two would cost, flying, hotel room, car rentals,air port pat downs, ......................

Sorry, I couldn't resist.;) Conch can still be purchased, it is all imported though. The 10 year moritorium for not taking conch in Florida, placed back in '74 (I believe), has still not been lifted. They have recovered about as well as the alligator. When I buy conch, I buy a still frozen 5 lb box @ $11.00 per/lb.

Wouldn't that take you right through the Bermuda triangle?

Allrecipes has a bread machine recipe for Bimini bread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom