Danish Dough Whisk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Does anyone use a Danish dough whisk? I would love to hear people's experience with them. They look weird and interesting.

Danish Dough Whisks - Lee Valley Tools

And here's a picture of what they look like.

BE2538.jpg

I have one of those, and I love it! Great for mixing the first several cups of flour into a bread dough. I've had it for at least 25 years, and it still hadn't come apart, KOW.

Why do they call it a Danish whisk when it's made in Poland? :chef:

I have the 14-1/2" version, which I picked up at King Arthur Flour when we were going through Norwich, VT. It's made in Poland, probably by the same company. I'm not much of a baker, but it works well for slack doughs like no-knead doughs. My pizza dough is stiffer, and I knead it by hand after mixing with a wooden spoon.

Why do they call it a Danish whisk when it's made in Poland? :chef:

I have the 14-1/2" version, which I picked up at King Arthur Flour when we were going through Norwich, VT. It's made in Poland, probably by the same company. I'm not much of a baker, but it works well for slack doughs like no-knead doughs. My pizza dough is stiffer, and I knead it by hand after mixing with a wooden spoon.
Does KAF call their whisk a Danish one now? That's where I got mine from way back, and it was just called a dough whisk then.

I have one and use it for mixing no knead bread ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom