Does anybody here make their own peanut butter? My standard peanut butter recipe is...
- 200g unsalted peanuts roasted (already shelled)
- Paprika (for colouring...as much as necessary to get it looking right)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add to food processor, and blend until thoroughly chopped and mixed
- Add 3 tbsp of peanut oil, and blend until the mixture starts to look like bread dough being kneaded in a bread maker
The resulting peanut butter is smooth, though not as finely ground as commercial peanut butter.
I'm always on the lookout for ideas to alter the flavour. I've tried the following varieties so far...
- Ground chilli - quite nice - certainly gives your morning toast a kick!
- Olive oil instead of peanut oil - delicious and produces a different flavour to the one I expected
If you make your own peanut butter, care to share your flavour enhancements?