Need help with Garlic Bread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can eat a whole roasted head of garlic myself, but, I have a garlic addiction.
GG I know you get me... :)
So if it was 6 of me, I would be cutting the top pointy part off of 8 bulbs, salting and peppering and drizzling them, wrapping and roasting them.
But for normal people (again, I am not one of these people) 2-3 would be fine.
Oh, and I never used to whack, but recently fell in LOVE with it!!!!
Why have I not been whacking all this time???

yeah i forgot that part.
you can squish it out, or if you ar being polite just scoop out a clove w/ a butter knife and spread it on the buttered bread. make it self serve, you dont have to do all that yourself.
Oh and you'll know when its done if it looks like GotGarlic's avatar, or browner. :)
Wow I really want to roast some garlic now.

I never made garlic bread before, but, I wanted it to go with the Lasagna Saturday night. I split a loaf of Italiam bread. Melted a stick of unsalted butter in a saucepan, added 4 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped, added about a Tbst of Italian seasoning and some EVOO and a shot of powdered garlic. Sautee a few minutes.

Brushed on the bread. Then put the bread in a 375 degree oven fot 5 to 10 min to warm and 1 to 2 min on the broiler. Not a piece left.

HTH

I'm so sorry that I left everyone hanging! I always forget to come back and report how things turn out....

It was WONDERFUL!!!!

I used Suzie's method, and baked 3 garlic cloves in the oven for 45 min. I was still worried about gettin the inside stuff out, but I just smashed it down with the flat side of a big knife and it all just oozed out!! It was neat! I wasn't quite sure how strong of a garlic taste it would be, so I didn't use a whole lot on each slice. That's the only thing I wish i'd done differently. But it was still SOO good! I buttered each slice, then added the garlic, then topped with Mozz. cheese.

Everyone loved it! And said they were gunna go home and try making their garlic bread that way.

So thank you thank you everyone!!!

I love when people come back and report back. I know I am guilty of not doing it my self, but I think it is very nice when somebody does it. Thank you beginner chef (or whatever your name is;)).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom