Your Ultimate Sandwich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does this count?

800px-Flickr_hellochris_202508906--In-N-Out_triple_cheeseburger_fries.jpg
I would eat that!! :ermm: And the fries, with the chocolate shake!! :pig:

That is kinda the same idea as these sandwiches. :ermm:
img_820693_1_6e7ba230b4a3671e7fb5686745ec2580.jpg

img_820693_2_e45c0bb7b4efe71cbb34b568bdfb8b3a.jpg

what I do with leftover brisket

First we start with 2 slices of homemade bread

img_833903_0_91e78b6ada98ef662409462e5a49de18.jpg

Butter them up properly

img_833903_1_e152dbfb644bf635e78c33608243b43f.jpg

Slice up some pepper jack cheese

img_833903_2_c7ba87fa43948106853bb802fc35015e.jpg

Slice up some leftover smoked brisket

img_833903_3_af5bfef2bdd4bbc71cb3e59551f9e93a.jpg

Break out the Sweet Baby Rays or whatever sauce you like

img_833903_4_ae30174458aa661977c2b978dd73d8d3.jpg

Layer some cheese and sauce

img_833903_5_291ae80725fe3b10b374051e918e46d2.jpg

Add some brisket and more sauce

img_833903_6_ec05b1e718e675cba8491f20bac12547.jpg

a little more cheese on top

img_833903_7_f5a5fe8e59150c575d1e402e01c588bc.jpg

Whoops just have to add this one..

Radish Sandwich. Still one of all time favorites.
Best on home made bread or dinner rolls, but regular bread works.

Bread(whatever type), butter, radish, salt.
In rolls I tend to just pop in a whole or a half radish. For regular sandwiches I slice them and layer them on the bread with the butter. Salt(sea salt prefered), enjoy.
Very refreshing, and quite tasty.

Got 3 of equal value for me.

1. BLOT (Bacon, Lettuce, onion, and Tomato) 4 slices thick cut smokey bacon, fried until just mildly crispy, 3 slices ripe tomato fresh from garden and placed so theat all of the bread is covered, iceburgh lettuce to fit the bread, Slather on Miracle Whip Sandwich Spread onto 2 slices whole wheat toast, add thinly sliced vidalia onion.

2. Liverwurst with lettuce and thin sliced onion on whole wheat toast, again with Miracle Whip.

3. Super-soft white-bread hoagie, toasted and filled with shredded lettuce, sliced pepperoni (extra slices please), capiacola, cotto salami, and ripe tomatoe slices, drizzled all over with extra virgin ollive oil

Oh, can't forget - Grilled peanut butter and seedless raspberry jelly sandwich, cooked like a grilled cheese sandwich.

:chef:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Got 3 of equal value for me.

1. BLOT (Bacon, Lettuce, onion, and Tomato) 4 slices thick cut smokey bacon, fried until just mildly crispy, 3 slices ripe tomato fresh from garden and placed so theat all of the bread is covered, iceburgh lettuce to fit the bread, Slather on Miracle Whip Sandwich Spread onto 2 slices whole wheat toast, add thinly sliced vidalia onion.

2. Liverwurst with lettuce and thin sliced onion on whole wheat toast, again with Miracle Whip.

3. Super-soft white-bread hoagie, toasted and filled with shredded lettuce, sliced pepperoni (extra slices please), capiacola, cotto salami, and ripe tomatoe slices, drizzled all over with extra virgin ollive oil

Oh, can't forget - Grilled peanut butter and seedless raspberry jelly sandwich, cooked like a grilled cheese sandwich.

:chef:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

GW - You're in my brain! STOP IT!

I am jonesing for the BLOT which is how I normally make them (white vs sweet onion though as the bite goes well with the bacon & tomato), and on #2, no MW, mayo with mustard, and a "thick" slice of onion. What the hay, if I'm going to be breathily offensive, I'm going for the prize :)

Bob

GW - You're in my brain! STOP IT!

I am jonesing for the BLOT which is how I normally make them (white vs sweet onion though as the bite goes well with the bacon & tomato), and on #2, no MW, mayo with mustard, and a "thick" slice of onion. What the hay, if I'm going to be breathily offensive, I'm going for the prize :)

Bob

This is too wierd. We're both named Bob, and I've noticed that we have very similar tastes. Then, there's a good freind who I've not seen around as much, who went by the handle - BuckyTom, who could be my spiritual twin, and we share the same birthday.

CI, I think we just share a similar love of the good things.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

there are so many great sandwich ideas, but real comfort food for me is a grilled cheese and bacon with tomato. TO do this right a multi grain bread, cotswold cheddar cheese (very sharp and chives all through it!) double smoked peppered slab bacon cut medium, and a irpe beefsteak from Jersey or PA cut fresh...put that together with a little grainy mustard spread on it ande grill till golden brown and gooey. OMG!

This is too wierd. We're both named Bob, and I've noticed that we have very similar tastes. Then, there's a good freind who I've not seen around as much, who went by the handle - BuckyTom, who could be my spiritual twin, and we share the same birthday.

CI, I think we just share a similar love of the good things.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You know what they say about great minds...... they tend to explode if they get to big ;)

But seriously, I tend to think similar people tend to congregate in the same places. With that in mind, there are bound to be many similarities amongst us doing the congregating.

That was nice off you to share those thoughts.

Bob

inspired by this thread, i had a bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich with pepper jack cheese on jewish rye bread. several cuisines mixed together . that is what took my fancy. i put the hot slices of bacon onto cheese side to melt it a tad. many it was wonderful. that was dinner.

Back
Top Bottom