10 things Canadians do best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really don't know why it keeps missing the valley...Lewis and Clark didn't have this problem.

I love the generosity of Canadians, Alix is willing to give me all her snow...

When I venture outside again, I'm going to remember to take a picture of the piles of snow on my deck. Just for you PF!

Aren't you thinking of lacrosse?

Hockey is sort of soccer on ice skates. Or polo on ice skates. :LOL:
Just spotted this and am moved to say there's another sort of hockey. Without skates but played on freezing cold fields by generations of hard-done-by schoolgirls in winter (in Britain anyway). Men play it as well, but not at school. When I was a student there was a men's team and a women's team and the men's team wouldn't accept a challenge to play the women's team because the men said the women were too dangerous! :ohmy:

Just spotted this and am moved to say there's another sort of hockey. Without skates but played on freezing cold fields by generations of hard-done-by schoolgirls in winter (in Britain anyway). Men play it as well, but not at school. When I was a student there was a men's team and a women's team and the men's team wouldn't accept a challenge to play the women's team because the men said the women were too dangerous! :ohmy:
That would be field hockey, wouldn't it? That's played in Canada too.

Snow-Beer-Fridge1.jpg

Z
Z

#11 Canada provides most of the world with both the yellow and brown seeds for mustard. One of the worlds favorite condiments right after ketchup. :angel:

I've lived in Canada my whole life, and for me dealing with subzero temps in the winter is normal. I chuckle a little when I read about folks having vehicles that won't start when its still "spring" weather. We're so used to the weather we never think to ask whether a vehicle has a block heater or not, we just assume it does. Unfortunately, this is NOT always the case. Oops. Live and learn. Make that mistake once and forever remember to ask THAT question when buying a car!

I've lived in Canada my whole life, and for me dealing with subzero temps in the winter is normal. I chuckle a little when I read about folks having vehicles that won't start when its still "spring" weather. We're so used to the weather we never think to ask whether a vehicle has a block heater or not, we just assume it does. Unfortunately, this is NOT always the case. Oops. Live and learn. Make that mistake once and forever remember to ask THAT question when buying a car!

I saw a thing from some science site (I'll have to search it again because I don't remember which site) that said Manitoba was colder than Mars yesterday. I told the hubby that it didn't really surprise me that Canada could be colder than Mars and that it probably wouldn't surprise most Canadians I know either.

It was frigid in Toronto yesterday. So much so that one of the news stations was reporting it was colder than the South Pole.

Sorry Alix, but your temperatures are another reason I choose to live in "tropical" MA where below zero temperatures earn around the clock news coverage.

I guess it's similar to my scoffing at my step daughter when she calls to complain about how cold it is in Florida when the temp is below 70ºF/21ºC

Back
Top Bottom