5 days to go!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
I know it's 5 days, couldn't forget it's 5 days because my mother has been calling me every day, every single day, to give me the official countdown:LOL:! She usually calls at the most inopertune moment, as well. Yesterday she called to tell me it was 6 days as I was in the middle of checking a $3000 order that had just come in. I'm poking my fingers into bottom round and she's going on about the weather and her petunias!

The woman is very excited. I'm getting excited as well, now. I love to travel, even if only for three days. I hope the weather is nice enough next Friday in Jacksonville to get some swimming in.

I'm curious to see how my dad's three sisters have aged. I haven't seen the three of them together since I got married back in 1983. I keep picturing them looking like the three witches from mythology that shared an eye between them. They were liliputian to begin with, I have a feeling by now they are going to look like munchkins:ohmy:....more like the lolipop guild than the lullabye league, if you get the picture!

Please don't misunderstand...I am very much looking forward to seeing my family. On my father's side, I'm the only one left up here in Jersey. I am looking forward to seeing my sister, too. She and I are cooking together for the anniversary bash. This is also another opportunity for me to introduce Lou to more family members. It give me the chance to prove that all the stories I've told are true:wacko:.

Okay, I should start packing now...

VeraBlue have a wonderful trip and please take pictures so you can show them to all of us.

This time of year it should be warm enough to go swimming. Enjoy.

You'll have a great time VeraBlue!!!!! I can hear the excitement in your statements. Have you finalized your menu yet?

You're gonna have a ball! Gosh, seeing Aunties that you have missed for 23 years. Wow, it's going to be a wonderfully adventurous Anniversary celebration.:ROFLMAO:

Wish Lou luck for me. :LOL:

Have a great time - I am sure they will love you and have a better time since you are there - I know we do!!!!! Enjoy and keep us posted - Reanie - PS - Where abouts are u in Jersey?? - I am near the PA border

VeraBlue said:
This is also another opportunity for me to introduce Lou to more family members. It give me the chance to prove that all the stories I've told are true:wacko:.

Okay, I should start packing now...

Make sure you pack some sort of sedation for Lou, in case seeing all those stories in the flesh become too much for him! :LOL:

Corinne

I don't know which Jacksonville you are talking about, but if it is Jacksonville, Florida, make sure your hotel has a heated pool. We've had two nights at about 40 and cool nights before that. Our pool water is about 72. That is too cold for me and we don't have a heater for our pool. They keep the water at the gym about 90 degrees for the swimming and water classes.

Have a great time Vera! There are always plenty of stories after these sort of get togethers :LOL:

Licia, 72 degree water for someone from N.J. should be just fine, at least it would be for me! Up here we swim in the ocean when it's around 60ish degrees lol.

kitchenelf said:
You'll have a great time VeraBlue!!!!! I can hear the excitement in your statements. Have you finalized your menu yet?

From what my sister says, she's making 2 lasagnas and tiramisu. I told her I'd make chicken marsala, roasted fingerlings (if she can find them) and pumpkin tarts. Apparently, she'd entrusted all the other guests to bring something they are 'famous' for. That wouldn't have been my direction, but I'm half guest, half host, so I'll leave that to her.

Reanie525i said:
Have a great time - I am sure they will love you and have a better time since you are there - I know we do!!!!! Enjoy and keep us posted - Reanie - PS - Where abouts are u in Jersey?? - I am near the PA border

I'm right by Giant Stadium, about 10 minutes from NYC.

licia said:
I don't know which Jacksonville you are talking about, but if it is Jacksonville, Florida, make sure your hotel has a heated pool. We've had two nights at about 40 and cool nights before that. Our pool water is about 72. That is too cold for me and we don't have a heater for our pool. They keep the water at the gym about 90 degrees for the swimming and water classes.

Licia, we're staying with my parents, so I don't need a hotel. Now, with tongue firmly planted in cheek...did you say that 72 degree water was too cold for you to swim in?????????:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:??? My My, Licia, much warmer than that and I couldn't enjoy it! I prefer the water temp to be between 68 and 72. !!

amber said:
Have a great time Vera! There are always plenty of stories after these sort of get togethers :LOL:

Licia, 72 degree water for someone from N.J. should be just fine, at least it would be for me! Up here we swim in the ocean when it's around 60ish degrees lol.

Exactly, Amber!! Like I mentioned, another degree warmer and I wouldn't like it!!

Have a wonderful trip..We lived in Jax. Florida for 4 years when my husband was in the Navy. One day it was in the high 70's . the next morning my son John was so excited because the shrubs had "Popsicles" on them..It was ice and 16* outside. i was raised in San Diego Ca. and he was only 4 years old and was also from S.D.Marge

Back
Top Bottom