"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-19-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
Executive Chef

A Great Man Has Died

I feel funny posting an obituary of a local man. I hope any of us who read it can strive to contribute to our communities a little bit more. I know a lot of us already do. Just keep up the good works. This is a significant loss to our small community.

http://www.taosnews.com/news/article...ad992c5cc.html

Old 01-19-2016, 12:48 PM   #2
Master Chef

Thanks for posting this Beth. He and his family have been on my mind since you mentioned cooking for them while they sent him on his way. What a beautiful tribute to an unsung hero.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
Head Chef

Thumbs up

Thanks for this thread. I hadn't heard of him.

There must be countless numbers of people similar to him (maybe not as outstanding) who excel in public service but who are not known to the public. It seems to largely depend on the media who we get to hear about.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:56 AM   #4
Master Chef

What a lovely tribute to a remarkable life. Thanks for posting this, beth.

Decades ago, at a funeral for a young woman who was active in her church and town, the priest said that at the end of our lives we should have touched enough people with our love and service to "fill the church". It was standing-room-only in a church that seated 1,000. Wherever the celebration of Dr. Schreiber's life takes place, I'm sure it will be too small to contain all the people who want to honor his life.