A song that cheers you up when you're down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, this is an easy one for me: "I Can See Clearly Now, The Rain Has Gone", by either Jimmy Cliff or Johnny Nash.

Optimistic lyrics, great voices, steel drums and calypso beat. Perfect song for this tropical beach-loving girl!

Lee

Enya: Adiemus and Sail Away
Abba: Dancing Queen
Poison: Unskinny Bop
Warrant: Cherry Pie
Bon Jovi: Bounce, Bad Medicine, Keep the Faith, Living on a Prayer, Lay Your Hands on Me
CDB: Simple Man, A Few More Rednecks, Devil Went Down to Georgia,
John Williams: Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Last of the Mohicans, Stargate

To name a few...

OH MY!!!! What a list Mav!!!

I'm not sure I have one, but I know when Nick gets home from work and he's grumpy and hungry before he gets in the shower.. well when he gets in the shower I blast "Rubber Duckie" From sesame street, and then "Banana Phone".

Okay... don't everybody laugh at once.

1. "What I Like About You" - The Romantics
2. "Walking on Sunshine" - Katrina and the Waves
3. "Hey, Mickey" - Toni Basil

Wow... when I think about it there are so many... but these are three that I can't help turning up and bopping out. (don't tell anyone, okay? :cool:)

Last Dollar - Tim Mcgraw......everytime it comes on my 3 little boys sing the whole song and I cant help but smile:)

That's a GOOD one! (Plus I'm going to marry Tim McGraw)
That's the first song my daughter sang.... she did the hahahaha part and giggled her head off when she was 1 or so. :LOL:

This may seem dumb to some of you, but when I hear "The Star Spangled Banner", I seem to perk up.

LOL that is too funny, Rubber Duckie! Reminds me of that song "I was taking a bath" I have no idea by who, starts out "Splish Splash I was taking a bath..."
And actually, Hey Mickey is one of my favorites as well. Katie, my eldest daughter, memorized it cause of the movie "Bring it On".

Sattie,
I have a very very long list, LOL. I have managed to gather approximately 3,500 songs on my computer, and still counting!

Songs that make me want to jump around and dance always cheer me up (unless of course I'm in a car and unable to dance :huh:)

Some examples are "Do the Panic" by Phantom Planet, as well as "Raise the Dead" by Phantom Planet.:)

if not those, then I would say any song from the Juno soundtrack cheers me up!

There is a song by a group called Casting Crowns that really cheers me up called "Voice of Truth".

But I have to say Jumping Jack Flash, not because of the song as much as Whoopi Goldberg's trying to figure out the words (in penguin slippers) in the movie of the same name!

oh gad there are tons of songs that brighten my day for various reasons, one touches one part of me while another stirs something in me for yet another reason.
I've always liked this, to me, it's just happy.
Very close to the World Trade Center tragedy, and this coming out with it's new version, makes me very something, not sure what.
DD painted a gorgeous tree in my DGS's bedroom when he was new and painted all the words to this in and about the tree, it kills me, in a good way, to hear it being sung.
My husband sings this to me all the time, always knows it's going to bring tears to my eyes, and it does, simply because I couldn't love him more.

Back
Top Bottom