an ode to Moms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
this would be better for Mother's Day, but the words are coming to me now.

Moms go through so much for us. the flooring scuffed by the muddy sneakers, the pans Mom had to get up at 5 in the morning to scrub after you burnt them, the night she held you when you had a fever of 104 and frantically tried to get you to swallow a dose of tylenol while she called the doctor.
she spoke to you gently at night as sleep tucked you into its gentle grip, she sang to you and rocked you, taught you how to spell, taught you to always treat others with absolute respect, taught you to smile even if you were sad so that you didn't make someone ele's smile fade away.
she drove you to softball games, to gymnastics, to basketball, and watched all your games and cheered you on even though you know she had other things she had to take care of.
she smiles at you now, hugs you, says she loves you, makes you roll your eyes, laugh in exasperation, and say 'MOM!!!! i'm BUSY!' when she says, 'be a gem and pour Mom a glass of pop.'
she's a sweet Mom and you appreciate and love her. she's Mom. nobody could fill her shoes.
(the shoes she borrowed from you a week ago and failed to return....:-p )
gotta love Mom.

Last edited:
This is very nice Luvs... I like it....Actually you became a sound of everyone who thinks and feels like you. I felt it.

That was beautiful luvs.

I sure hope my son feels like
that about me (at least once in awhile).

thanks.:)
i just kept thinking about all my Mom has done for me and all my antics that she's put up with (and she's put up with a LOT, lol, from having to drag her drunken daughter up to bed (while shouting at her drunken child the entire time 'i-am-sooooo-mad-at-you-right-now-i-could-put-you-over-my-knee-and-beat-your-***,-i- don't care-HOW-old-you-are-do-you-hear-me-do-you UNDERSTAND-me?'-this is above-and-beyond-what-i-will-tolerate-and-what-i-will-allow-occur-in-my-home.....oh, we won't even get into the other antics that i've pulled that she has put up with., lol. that would not be good. just kidding. sort of. i was a handful, though.:-p

Last edited:
oh, i so forgot her favorite line:
'you just WAIT until your Father gets home. you just WAIT....'
then Dad would come and sternly lecture me, and then i'd be grounded.
i was a rather obedient child, but i had my moments, lol.....

Last edited:
my Mom did the same, lol.:LOL: and her voice would take on that sharp tone when she said my middle name.

Back
Top Bottom