Home Repairs are Dominos....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
As you know, energy is converted as the domino falls from one form to another creating a chain reaction. Home repairs are Dominos.

I have an old house and always am dreaming of restoring/fixing this, that, and what-have-you. During my sister's last visit, she told me that the plaster ceiling in my guestroom gave her pause as she was sure it was bowing and felt it would crush her at any moment. (It really did seem to bow.) I hired a contractor in September to repair it and scheduled for this past week. Next week is Thanksgiving. I just returned from a trip with my sister. I have had the plaster ceiling repaired....yay! But then, the dominos started to tumble and I said (at different points):
  • Could you smooth the walls on my small bath if I rip down the wall paper?
  • The small bath needs painted....have you time? Pick the color....oh, okay. Light-hearted Pink!
  • Is that a crack above that window?? Can you fix it???
  • Oh...wow.....the wall looks great, but now this room could needs painted. Do you have time? Pick the color? Okay....um......Emberglow?
  • No, I didn't notice the broken support on the banister...can you fix it?
  • But of course you can work as long as you need to do so!
Our contractor is an eager 22 year-old entrepreneur who is very excited about starting his business and so his answer to all of the above was "But of course!" He has been here a lot. We are all on first name basis at this point. I may hire him again for my next Home Domino game!

As you know, energy is converted as the domino falls from one form to another creating a chain reaction. Home repairs are Dominos.

I have an old house and always am dreaming of restoring/fixing this, that, and what-have-you. During my sister's last visit, she told me that the plaster ceiling in my guestroom gave her pause as she was sure it was bowing and felt it would crush her at any moment. (It really did seem to bow.) I hired a contractor in September to repair it and scheduled for this past week. Next week is Thanksgiving. I just returned from a trip with my sister. I have had the plaster ceiling repaired....yay! But then, the dominos started to tumble and I said (at different points):
  • Could you smooth the walls on my small bath if I rip down the wall paper?
  • The small bath needs painted....have you time? Pick the color....oh, okay. Light-hearted Pink!
  • Is that a crack above that window?? Can you fix it???
  • Oh...wow.....the wall looks great, but now this room could needs painted. Do you have time? Pick the color? Okay....um......Emberglow?
  • No, I didn't notice the broken support on the banister...can you fix it?
  • But of course you can work as long as you need to do so!
Our contractor is an eager 22 year-old entrepreneur who is very excited about starting his business and so his answer to all of the above was "But of course!" He has been here a lot. We are all on first name basis at this point. I may hire him again for my next Home Domino game!
Thanks, this just reinforces the fact that renting is the best option for me! 🤭

I have an old house and always am dreaming of restoring/fixing this, that, and what-have-you...
I love the charm of older homes. Mom and Dad's house had leaded glass door bookcases either side of the gas fireplace. A window seat in the dining room with built in china cabinets either side of the windows and storage drawers below. Lovely, solid woodwork.

And fixing and patching and all those other things that come along with that charm? That I'm not too fond of. Hence, we have contracted to build all of our houses so far...

I love the charm of older homes. Mom and Dad's house had leaded glass door bookcases either side of the gas fireplace. A window seat in the dining room with built in china cabinets either side of the windows and storage drawers below. Lovely, solid woodwork.

And fixing and patching and all those other things that come along with that charm? That I'm not too fond of. Hence, we have contracted to build all of our houses so far...
The kitchen remodel was enough. 😟 I've very even considered building my own unless they hand me the book and say select what you want. Your parent's home sounds lovely!

We paused on the work for the holiday. I am hoping home improvement/repair will be finished by tomorrow. 🙏

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom