Another lazy sunday? the 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
So far, all I know is I will be making a good breakfast. Either, french toast with fresh berries, crepes with fresh fruit or breakfast burritos with green chile. It's a toss up, so I will let DH decide when he gets home from work. Hopefully, he will get some sleep tonight and not come home all tired out.

As for the rest of the day, who knows? I should probably do something productive like cleaning the car or searching for old baby clothes in Aidan's neverending closet.:wacko:

I gotta start doing stuff to get ready for the Hawaii trip! We leave next Saturday! I'm so excited! A little off the subject of lazy sunday, but Aidan told me today that he wants dad to go on the airplane to Hawaii and mom on the airplane and the baby in my belly to go on the airplane. What a cutie!:mrgreen: :-p :LOL:

Anyway, enjoy your lazy or not so lazy Sunday!:)

Last day of the school holidays here today so I slept in then went to lunch with an old friend and her daughter and my youngest daughter. Ate far too much!! We shared this flourless chocolate cake which was sooooo rich but really nice. Just had a gourmet steak sandwich for main.
Then a little afternoon nap (no I'm not old I just love afternoon naps!!!)
What a nice way to finish off the holidays.

Lazy for me today, but, not for DH and boys. Me and the boys tore down old fence, sledge hammered the concrete to take out of the wholes, so they can set new ones. Today I get to watch them put the fence up. I did too much yesterday and DH was mad when he got home from work. :rolleyes: :)

Isn't demo work fun, Texas? I love it!

I'm putting some chicken breasts in the crock pot with onions, green chiles and broth, and then later on will shred them for burritos with green chile/pork sauce and sliced avocados on top.

i kept my niece's overnight. last night i made them milkshakes and deep fried oreos. those are pretty darn good ! so this morning everybody woke up and i made french toast and maple flavored bacon with chocolate milk to drink. sadly i have to take them home soon since i have to work the rest of the day *sigh*

Not too lazy around here today. Parents are coming on Tuesday (also daughter's birthday), so I have to clear all the junk out of the guest bedroom and park it elsewhere, clear junk off dining room table so 5 of us can eat together, remove mass quantities of dog hair on EVERYTHING, finish laundry, yada yada.

Just popped in for a few minutes now and hopefully will get to play around on DC later today (gotta find a nice way to cook the veal scallopini I bought for parents' dinner Tues. night).

so far the plan is to head to starbucks and the tanning booth... then home to do the dishes that are sitting in the sink. I was too lazy to do them last night. I'll make a good dinner tonight but, haven't decided what yet. Paul will spend most of the day programming... don't think we'll do much of anything else.

I was going to have oatmeal for breakfast, but just had cold cereal instead. Laundry and those other essentials around the house is what I am doing today. The Nextel Cup NASCAR race starts at 11:00 am (PST), so I will be turning on the tv to watch it.

I have beans soaking since last night. For dinner I am making chili with jalapeno cornbread muffins. I will start cooking the chili after lunch. Which reminds me I need to get the chopped onions out of the freezer. My mom had bought a huge bag of diced onions for the a chili feed a week ago. She had plenty leftover, so I took a small bag and put them in the freezer. I figure that they would be OK to add to a soup or chili.

jkath, your dinner sounds yummy. I never thought of using that method for cooking the chicken breasts. I will have to give it a try.

I slept until 12:45 & didn't even have breakfast. I woke up to get ready for church with a migraine, turned over & went back to sleep. The only thing I plan on doing today is making chicken & dumplin's for supper.

No lazy Sunday for me today. I woke up at 7:45 am, made sure my twin sons weren't getting into anything, then fired up my smoker to smoke the last pork butt of the season. I did a load of dishes, had my morning coffee, then started moving boxes of my MIL's "stuff" out of my shed and into my attic. The pork went into the oven about 1 pm. I just now remembered that I had forgotten to throw the jalapeno peppers that a coworker gave me into the smoker to make into homemade chipotle peppers. I just rekindled the fire and got them going. Here in a bit, I need to mow the yard, if I have enough gas. Once PeppA gets home from laundry, I will hopefully get out to enjoy what's left of the day.

Cora, have a great trip. Wanted to mention check out Frommer's on the web.

I don't know about lazy, as I have several projects I'd like to work on...i.e. some paint cans are calling my name, a tiling project I'm working on, would like to make some won tons, check out realty possibilities, go to a bagel shop that has about a dozen or so home baked varieties & get some of their cream cheese concoctions, plan my week ahead (appointments etc.), & follow up on phone calls.

What I'd like to do is kick back and watch/catch up on some movies and go thru the L.A. Times and get outta Dodge, as it's a beautiful day here in the mid 70's. I miss my Sunday's in New York...jelly donuts, the New York Times (doing the crossword & studying the fashions), bagels, lox/salmon, cream cheese & going to a museum or Central Park.

I suppose this sunday isn't as lazy as the last. We ended up having crepes for breakfast, we filled them with fresh friut and topped them with whipped cream.:devilish: :pig: The neighbors came over to "borrow" Aidan for a while, they sure do like having him around to play with. So, in light of him being out of the house, I'm going to try to tackle his closet.:wacko: It will be good to have it done!

same 'ol, same 'ol here. up at 4:30am, (i seriously love when i wake up and it's the middle of the night. it's so peaceful.), and i went and took a bath. i got a very early morning phone call that left me:angry: then i just went upstairs and hung out, watched 'romy and michelle's high school reunion', had some breakfast (a piece of toast- 1 half of it w/ natural pb, the other w/ salmon and cream cheese) and some of this mango smoothie. pretty tasty. then i went to the store and a few other places.
i'm not sure what i'll do next. probably listen to music and the tv and make a few phone calls, maybe do some laundry, probably take a bubble bath, then a nap, but i'm not sure.
i'm kind of hungry. i might go get something to eat.

luvs, please be lazy for me too:LOL:

I finished the closet, whew, it was actually easier than I thought it would be but messier also. It was kind of fun and kind of sad looking through all of Aidan's baby clothes. I can't believe he was able to fit into those tiny clothes!

Before I go clean the car, I thought I'd check in. I am treating myself to a glass of milk and a slice of chocolate cake (or as Aidan likes to call it, "whoa! chocolate cake! frosting!").
I'll catch you guys later!:mrgreen:

Definately a lazy Sunday for me. It's cold and raining. Rain always makes me feel lazy, but relaxed! I managed to do the groceries, and some laundry, and bought a new book called "in her shoes", I think that movie is coming out soon.

crewsk said:
I slept until 12:45 & didn't even have breakfast. I woke up to get ready for church with a migraine, turned over & went back to sleep. The only thing I plan on doing today is making chicken & dumplin's for supper.

:(oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Migraines are the very worst. Take it easy today. Have someone else make dinner or order pizza. The chicken and dumplings can wait until you feel better.:):)

Lazy Sunday, hummmmm..woke at 6, tried to roll over and go back to sleep, dog said nope FEED ME!!! okay, fed dog, turned on coffee, got paper, fed fish in fish pond.. Mother called at 7 wanted me to take her to store, told her okay but later, had a cup of coffee, 7:30 mother called again to ask same question...washed my hair at 8, got mothers list and wnet to store at 9, back home unloaded car at mom's then here at my home..Daughter called, pick her up at 11 to go shopping for clothes for Carson and Ethan..back home at 1:30 sat and had frozen mocha, mother called at 1:35 about going to store, had to explain I'd already done her shopping...Where groceries were..Other daughter came with Ethan, fixed lunch at 1:50 started dinner..Mom called this time for getting a hair appointment...this went on the rest of the day...BUT...dinner was good, my kids were here as was mom, other than mom being healthy what more could you ask for? Lazy Sunday, someday soon maybe:LOL:

kadesma

corazon90 said:
luvs, please be lazy for me too:LOL:

okay. next lazy day i'll put a golden girls dvd on instead of straightening my desk like i really ought to be doing and leave a glass that needs to be washed on the table.:-p

It was a very lazy one here, too. DH and I both woke up with colds so we took it very easy all day. I did make it to the grocery store but other than that we just napped and watched way too much tv. Didn't cook, just bought some good home made pot pie at the grocery store.

pdswife said:
:(oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Migraines are the very worst. Take it easy today. Have someone else make dinner or order pizza. The chicken and dumplings can wait until you feel better.:):)

Thanks pds! I was feeling better enough to make supper with hubby's help. All I had to do was cook the chicken & make the dumplin's.

Back
Top Bottom