AP: Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's still pathetic. .50 Caliber? Enclosed hunting space? 8 shots with a hand cannon to kill it? god knows how many hours and how long it suffered?

Fatboy should go get a bow and arrow or a pack of dogs and a bowie knife if he wants to "hunt"

:) Never the less the hog was most likely baited meaning they feed him at the same place and same time everyday like an automatic deer feeder.Great hunting when you give a fat kid a great big gun as for chasing for 3 hours remember he had 2 guides and I doubt they were on foot for 3 hours most likely ATVs.I dont think by looking at that kid he has the stamina to walk for 3 hours.
I think its really iresponsable to give a minor such a huge pistol.Isn't it more common to let a kid shoot a BB gun when they are that young with a parent .Come on now and him killing his first deer at 5 years old.Good lord! what mother or father would allow this?

Last edited:
:) Wouldn't do any good that kid is so brainwashed and lives in a culture that considers killing fun just like those people who go out and shoot up rabbits and anything else that crosses their way and its done at night after so many beers.Believe me Ive seen it first hand and it was very upsetting to me.
To me a hunting preserve is a nice word for canned hunt.

Last edited:
Who are we to judge how someone else hunts or what instrument they choose to use?

Even though I agree with jpmcgrew's approach to hunting, that does not make us correct and the others' wrong.

I commend the child for getting out of the house and learning a life skill, instead of sitting in front of a TV or computer moniter.

Just in time for the Memorial Day weekend cookout!!

Don't even bother with franks, burgers or chicken. Just break out with the BBQ sauce and bread and let everyone go for themselves!!

Cook half now, and the other half on the Fourth of July!!

bethzaring said:
Who are we to judge how someone else hunts or what instrument they choose to use?

Even though I agree with jpmcgrew's approach to hunting, that does not make us correct and the others' wrong.

I commend the child for getting out of the house and learning a life skill, instead of sitting in front of a TV or computer moniter.

I'm one to judge. A fat lazy kid killed a large majestic animal for fun, then said it was "His biggest acomplishment ever."

Let's give the fattie a bow and arrow and drop him off in a real wilderness and see what he comes home with.

Killing for fun is sickening.

:) I also am to Judge I live on a ranch where their income it all about hunting and I work at another ranch thats all about hunting.There is an ethic amongst real hunters.That gun was way out of his league there are grown men that cant shoot a pistol that powerful.I dont hunt but I shoot guns I am a strong girl with hands as big as most men I couldnt shoot straight with a huge pistol Ive tried and I missed the target on the other hand regular sized pistols Im dead on.
Dh is a hunter our house is filled with animal mounts too many to mention including bears,mountain lions etc.And he has been a guide for years he is also the one that goes after the poachers here and works as a non commissiond game officer and works closely with Fish and Game.So I think I know a couple of thinks.

Last edited:
bethzaring said:
I hardly commend him on shooting an innocent animal. he didn't shoot it for food, he didn't shoot it because it was harassing the town, he shot it for himself and the glory.
I honestly don't see how you can commend him on it.

by the way, blowing a harmless animals head off in an enclosed space is hardly a "life skill". At least not where i come from.

Regardless of what people think of hunting, it is not appropriate on this board to bash this kid. We have a rule about respecting people here. Disagree with what he did if you want, but do not call him a fatty or other names and do not resort to childish name calling. It does not matter that the kid is not a member of this board. He still needs to be shown the same respect that we would show anyone else here.

Back on topic, check out some info from Snopes.

:) I doubt that hog would taste good a place I know in Texas keep some wild hogs in a pen and they feed them the guts and carcasses of deer and other things after they hunted them.My first year they had me cook some wild pig I thought it tasted horrible and have refused to cook wild pig for them again I have worked there 10 years so far.

jpmcgrew said:
:) I doubt that hog would taste good a place I know in Texas keep some wild hogs in a pen and they feed them the guts and carcasses of deer and other things after they hunted them.My first year they had me cook some wild pig I thought it tasted horrible and have refused to cook wild pig for them again I have worked there 10 years so far.
that's disgusting:sick:
good for you for refusing them!!

I don't understand why this story struck such a nerve with some. 2500 acres isn't like penning something in a cage. The boy is an honor roll student and has been hunting with his father for years. He does seem to be an all around good kid. I couldn't hunt anything, but that doesn't mean that it is bad for everyone else. He wasn't out stirring up mischief like some kids his age. I agree - no bashing!

Mylegsbig said:
I'm one to judge. A fat lazy kid killed a large majestic animal for fun, then said it was "His biggest acomplishment ever."

Let's give the fattie a bow and arrow and drop him off in a real wilderness and see what he comes home with.

Killing for fun is sickening.

Must not blame the boy. Blame his parents for teaching him this.:ermm:

His mind is not fully developed yet, so he only knows what he's tought to do.

You say that killing for fun is sick? Then his parents are sick for teaching him to do that!:mad:

Who knows what that animal's actual range was? 2500 acres is 3.902 square miles. Imagine a square area, almost 2 miles on a side. Plus, are the boundaries of that area fenced? Are they fenced tightly enough to keep this critter in? Who's to say it wasn't getting out through a downed part of the fence, and uprooting crops in some farmer's fields (feral hogs cause A LOT of damage to crops here, in OK, they're considered "Fair Game", and legal year-long). Here in OK, most "hunting preserves" are managed by the US Army Corp of Engineers, and are also usually associated with State Parks. I for one, would NOT want to be peacefully enjoying the wilderness, and suddenly have a massive brute like this charge me or my kids. I know that there's no reports of this animal doing any of this kind of behavior.

Personally, I think the young man's choice of firearm is a little lacking. I do agree with many of the folks here; that you want to drop your animal as quickly and cleanly as possible. The stress and strain of fleeing for it's life for 3 hours put so much adrenaline into the animal that the meat will be tough. If the animal were to die suddenly, with no warning, little to no adrenalin would be released into the blood, and the meat would be more tender (this is why cattle are stunned unconscious, then exsanguinated).

I don't hunt, but have no problem with people who hunt responsibly. Whether this young man and his friends were hunting responsibly, I'm not totally sure. At least they did track the animal down and finish it off.

Corey123 said:
Must not blame the boy. Blame his parents for teaching him this.:ermm:

His mind is not fully developed yet, so he only knows what he's tought to do.

You say that killing for fun is sick? Then his parents are sick for teaching him to do that!:mad:

I am blaming the parents but frankly he is old enough to do other then he is taught. If a child at the age of eight is old enough to have a handle on the concept of suicide and relize what it will do and what it means, an eleven year old is most definetly old enough to follow their own thoughts.

A child knows the difference between right and wrong, but if the child knows what he's doing IS wrong, then he enjoys doing it still, then that is a horse of a different color.

Still, the final say comes from the parents, and so, the child will likely do what the parents suggest to him.

Last edited:
:) This animal was not getting out of the fence and was fed a steady diet of high calories to make it that big.That's how these canned hunts operate they get paid alot of money for a big animal that is contained and pretty much tame because they are around people an easy kill again that is not hunting.If it was causing that much damage on other properties they would not send a kid to dispatch this creature they would have an experienced hunter take it down.By the way 2500 hundred acres fenced?Give me a break.Try 600.000 yes six hundred thousand acres(owned by Ted Turner) where I live and no fences.
Time to time we have bears that break into houses snatch little dogs even so the ranch does everyting possible to run them off if that doesnt work they are shot with a tranquilizer gun and then hauled off miles away.The only time you are justified in shooting a bear is if it is actually trying to get in the house and sometimes they do breaking windows to get in. A bear wandering around the house does not count.

:) I wont say where but some places get some hunters that have no ethics they will come to a ranch buy a license shoot an animal and wound it and actually not want to track it down then they actually think they have the right to just shoot another animal.That is illegal

Back
Top Bottom