"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 04-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #41
Master Chef
bucky, I already do, believe me, I do ;o)

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #42
Master Chef
I'm not a fan of her Food Network show, & I used to shop occasionally when she still owned her store on LI.

I just find her too pretentious with reference to what she cooks.

BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #43
Senior Cook
Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
Originally Posted by cara
your girlfriend can be very lucky.. ,o)
I love it, when Frank massages my feet when we sit in front of the TV.. he could go on for hours..
but I wouldn't let a stranger at my feet.. think it is something very intimate...
ok, i just gotta bring it all together now...movie quotes...bare feet...massages: "Now look, I've given a million ladies a million foot massages, and they all meant something. We act like they don't, but they do, and that's what's so *&#$ cool about them. There's a sensuous thing going on where you don't talk about it, but you know it, she knows it..."

which is to say, yes, imdb rocks more than any other source of dispute-resolution.

but to get back on topic: i've never met ANY cooking show (like lots of other people have pointed out) that i'm totally in love with. something is going to be annoying about whoever is actually doing the cooking. for me, that something is that no matter how friendly or charismatic the host is, i can't taste what the final product is, so it's all nowhere near as much fun as just going into the kitchen m'self.

I love cooking with wine...sometimes I even put it in the food... fireweaver.wordpress.com
fireweaver is offline   Reply With Quote