Birthday Dinners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PeppA, my other half, always wants to go to Red Lobster for her b-day. Since I usually have my tax refund money by then, we go. We used to do the same for me, but the past few years haven't been able to. I grew up with just cake and ice cream, and whatever my Mom fixed for dinner. That's what we do for the kids. I've never had a lot of family come over for my birthday, as when I was a kid, my Dad was in the Navy, and we never lived close to family. Now, most of my family is usually working on the kids' birthdays, so they don't come over, but they will at least drop a card and a gift at the house a day or two before, and my g'mother will usually supply us with a cake, if we haven't already made one.

Growing up we always had a birthday dinner at home - it was special. Now, everyone wants to go out for their birthday dinner except me. I still want mine at home and I will gladly cook for it too. I will make all those things that make my taste buds go nuts. Give me a few friends on the front porch and I'm happy.

My folks had cake and ice cream after dinner for our birthdays.

My daughters always got to choose their birthday meal, followed by cake and ice cream. If it was a special B'day where family was invited, a full meal was served.

My grandson's first birthday was in a hall with family and his mom's and dad's friends and their kids. A full meal was served.

SO and I are fairly low key. I cook the meal of her choice for her birthday. Since our birthdays are two days apart, that suffices for both of us.

For my 60th birthday, SO tricked me into going to a brunch that was supposedly for her boss' 50th. I suspected nothing until I saw my daughter and other relatives in the lobby.

We always have a birthday dinner and invite the family (total 10-12). The birthday perso gets to pick whats for dinner. If this dinner doesn't take place on the actual birthday (ie., during the week, we don't all live close) we will go out to dinner just my family and celebrate birthday dinner with everyone on another date.

You do not have an oddball family.

I fix the Birthday Girl/Boy the dinner of their choice and then put a candle in the dessert of their choice!

When I was growing up birthdays were celebrated with just "us," my siblings and my parents and a homemade cake. Nothing special really. Although, I have to explain that my childhood was filled with lots of dysfunctional life.

When I had my own children, I pulled out all the stops for them . They always had the meal of their choice and the birthday cake/dessert of their choosing. Our youngest son always wanted birthday "pie." One year I made three separate pies for him because he couldn't decide.

Now, Buck and I always have the meal of our choice at home and our favorite birthday cake. No matter...our birthdays are always special.

its my party and i'll cry if i want to.

when my kids were growing up, we had the whole family together for bdays,aunts uncles cousins, grandma. servied cake and ice cream. some grown up had a drink or two.

now i have each person over for dinner for their bday and there choice for menu.

once in awhile, cause my daughter and i are only four days apart on bdates. we will have them together. last year my son had a bbq for use with a nice cheese cake for dessert. he did ask what i wanted since i am not a big steak person. did salmon on grill for me.

babe:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We usually like to go out to a restaurant for celebrating birthday's along with our near & dear one's. And the menu is ordered as per the wish of the birthday person.

Back
Top Bottom