Bizarre Street Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL jkath - quite a display of foods!!!! Starfish on a stick is kinda catchy!!!! (edited to say the NAME is catchy - don't know that I could actually take a bite though)

I bet someone has a post there that says - Oh yes, I'll take unknown pig parts in a bun :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to have some of those noodles!!!!!! Maybe not the sheep's stomach :neutral:

How do you possibly eat a starfish on a stick? That sounds about as easy as eating porcupine.

I'm a pretty adventerous eater but... in this case I think I'd join Pete at Micky D's.

Well... erm... I still insist that I am a foodie and I am not a big fan of McD's but I am afraid I would follow the footsteps of Pete if I were there...:wacko:

Must admit - I would at least try a bite of each thing offered by this street vendor - I tend to try just about any food in other countries. Have even eaten raw turtle eggs in Costa Rica!!

Except for what was obviously seafood & mammal kidneys, I'd still take a pass on the starfish (how in God's name could they be anything but wood before or after cooking?), & the other items that clearly look like insects. I draw the line at insects - lol!!!

I'd assume there's some cooking going on between selection and consumption. That being the case, I'd be willing to try most of the things there. No bugs.

I'm afraid of bugs on a stick.:shock: More than likely, I'd try almost anything else, provided it didn't move around on it's way down.:ohmy:

the squidlys, octopi, and kidleys look quite yummy. not sure about the stinger things (but that may be some horsehoe crab rather than scorpion parts. hmmm??) I'd try it. I've had guinea pig on a stick in Peru, and muskrat in Delaware.

in London around the Dockland areas you can buy Jellied Eels.

as if eels aren`t slippery enough to start with YUCK!

Back
Top Bottom