Brett Favre, what's he doing/where's he going...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
...do you care if he plays or not?
...do you care where he plays?
...should he resume his career?
...should it be in GB?
...will it happen...anywhere?
...if he does go back is that a good thing or bad thing?
My husband and I are on the fence.

Funny you posted this now, they are just showing on the news now that he is going to the NY Jets.
Normally I wouldn't care, but being in MN I think it would have been EXTREMELY funny to see him end up here, with Green Bay being our biggest rival!
My late SIL was a Packer fan to the core... but only for Favre.....
She would have been a Viking fan in a heartbeat!!
I don't quite get the retirement thing.... he did retire didn't he? Then why did the Packers have any say in what he did or where he went?

Not a football expert here. Not even a big fan. Yup! Brett si going to the jets. He did retire and has waved the retirement flag several times before. Although lots seem tight lipped, there was, evidently, a lot of acrimony between him and management. The comissioner of fotball reinstated him to force a solution. It seems that he is still under contract to Green Bay, which gives them the right to trade him. So far as the Vikingsm, Green Bay management stated that they would not trade him to a division rival. Probably know too much about how they work.'

I do wish him well. I hope that he plays very well, as he always has amd that he hangs it up before having to leave after a really bad season. Hi is a long time great and I hate to see really good people stay too long and tarnish the finish. Better to quit a winner. I am not saying that he acnnot have a great season. I hope he does.

I live on NJ and root for the local teams, no matter how good or bad they do. Last yeat, it was great to see so many of the "Talking Heads" say that the giants had no business being in it and had no chance of winning and see them win it all. This year, we will see.

My biggest football interest is to see what comes of all the investigations into the patriots.

AC

I was just talking to DH about this, as I'm not a football fan at all. Is he really in his mid-40s? Does he not realize football is a young man's game? I think he'll be lucky to get through the season without getting seriously hurt. He might be in great shape, but he's still middle-aged.

I know, as I was running out the door turning the hotel tv off, they came and and said he'd been traded. Too late to change/edit my post.

We, as I said, are/were on the fence. To us, it's odd that he could spend this quality time in his life with things that you'd think would really matter. He's had a brilliant career and ended on a good note. Why go back to fb?

Oh well, wish him and his new team well.

He's 38 I think. Which means maybe a couple years left. Maybe.....
But he played so well last year. except for the NFC title, that it stood to reason he would want to continue on a high note, not leave the game he has been playing since he was six. I think that's the biggest hangup when these sports stars get to the twilight of their career.... they've been doing it their whole life.

I just think it's funny that the Packers were so adimate about him not going to the Vikings they traded him to the Jets. Well, at least the weather is warmer albeit not by much. :LOL:

I love brett and think he has a lot left of ablilty and of heart.

I was hoping he would go to Tampa (my Team) but Im glad he is at the jets (second favorite team) and I think he will make a decent impact.

We've been living in Wisconsin for three months and are so sick and tired of BF, I think we will have a party tonight to celebrate his move... to our PREVIOUS state! (No matter what they call it, the Jets are in NJ!)

When you have a news station that starts at 3:30 pm and goes until 7, it's miserable to see most of the news is on a single football player. There is so much going on in the world, but evidently nothing is as important as following BF's car from the airport to his house.

Goodbye, good luck, don't keep in touch!

I believe all this indecision about retirement (this is not the first time) has done a lot of damage to his reputation. He is clearly a very confused individual.

I think what screwed him up was the loss of his father.... I do believe his father was half the game to him.... I feel bad for him.

I feel bad for him.
You WHAT?!?

Brett Favre has become a prima donna. In his mind he has become bigger than the game. I think he believes the fan hype. Most of his record setting stats have come from longevity, not from the quality of his play week in and week out. Yes, he had a good season last year... but it was his best in some time. He's basically untouchable and uncoachable... When he throws stupid interceptions he gets that 'aww shucks' stupid grin on his face like it doesn't matter and won't work on his discipline. The Packers had the youngest team in football last year with the oldest Quarterback who didn't even participate in "team" activities. He separated himself from the team and jacked them around for just a little too long (IMHO).

Okay... yes. He is a likeable enough character... and boo-hoo, his dad died. Lots of dads die. But I don't feel the need to feel bad for this prima donna millionaire athlete who has made a wonderful living doing what he loves.

ok well not bad bad.... lol
sad?
maybe I feel bad for hime because footbal IS his life, he can't fulfill himself any other way, and that's awfully sad!

C'mon, Z, don't be afraid to say what's on your mind.
:LOL:
I couldn't agree more

You WHAT?!?

Brett Favre has become a prima donna. In his mind he has become bigger than the game. I think he believes the fan hype. Most of his record setting stats have come from longevity, not from the quality of his play week in and week out. Yes, he had a good season last year... but it was his best in some time. He's basically untouchable and uncoachable... When he throws stupid interceptions he gets that 'aww shucks' stupid grin on his face like it doesn't matter and won't work on his discipline. The Packers had the youngest team in football last year with the oldest Quarterback who didn't even participate in "team" activities. He separated himself from the team and jacked them around for just a little too long (IMHO).

Okay... yes. He is a likeable enough character... and boo-hoo, his dad died. Lots of dads die. But I don't feel the need to feel bad for this prima donna millionaire athlete who has made a wonderful living doing what he loves.

yup

May understand where SQ comes from though.
I think it's time for him to step back, let well enough alone, and let someone else who is also very talented and young enough to see a future, start his own dream.

if he wins the superbowl with the jets, his reputation will not have been damaged in the least, and crow will be on the menu in green bay.

if he sucks with the jets, he's an old loon that got hit in the helmet too many times, and shoulda stayed retired.

i hope he does well here. the jets need a tough quarterback. the last bunch were too brittle.

I've been a Packer fan my whole life. I also like fine machinery. Motorcycles. Sports cars. Fast airplanes.

When Favre took off from the airfield the people of Wisconsin pretty much knew he was never coming back.

My wife asked me how I felt. I told her I was very sad.

That arrogant whiner took the Lear jet, and I was never going to see that aircraft again...

Back
Top Bottom