Broken bones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God bless your daughter, your son, and your family Charlie.

Worked for a number of years at a major children's hospital - people came from all over the world with their children. Lots of sick kids - very sick.

All you saw and dealt with was very ill children. No hair and all on IVs. But they did not gripe.

People my age moan all the time, the kids just did not.

They were amazing and taught me so much.

Recently fell and broke my sit down bone and it hurts - but I ain't gonna make an issue of it. There are so many kids who are a heck of a lot braver than I am.

Charlie your daughter will come through this. And your kids have a great dad.

Take care of yourself.

Charlie, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. I know it really scared you and Mrs. Charlie. Don't drive yourself nuts going over how this could have been prevented, though. Just remember that healthy, active kids have accidents sometimes. If this is the 1st broken bone in 5 kids, you're already doing a great job at keeping them safe. I'm sure your little one will heal quickly and the experience will probably make them be much more careful (for a couple of days, anyway!). Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Just a little update. Today the cast and pins were finally removed after screaming like crazy in the doctor’s office my daughter got in the car and exhale: “It was not so bad!” I started to laugh.

Just a little update. Today the cast and pins were finally removed after screaming like crazy in the doctor’s office my daughter got in the car and exhale: “It was not so bad!” I started to laugh.

Charlie - I didn't see this before so a VERY belated hug to you!!!! Having a cast removed can be scary - it's a saw for goodness sake!!!! :ermm: Sounds like she is a little trooper! Glad to hear all ended well. :flowers:

Charile, I am so glad your daughter is on the mend. I know how you feel about your children. When I had to take one of my sons to the doctors office for a little minor foot surgery, I was the one who fainted. The nurse had to take care of me. I was so embarassed.:blush:

Charlie - I didn't see this before so a VERY belated hug to you!!!! Having a cast removed can be scary - it's a saw for goodness sake!!!! :ermm: Sounds like she is a little trooper! Glad to hear all ended well. :flowers:

It won't cut your skin though. Sometimes it gets a little warm. When I take casts off little ones I show them it won't cut them by turning it on and putting it to the palm of my hand. I took one off a little girl a couple of weeks ago (it was a short leg cast). She was extremely tickleish and the vibration from the saw was tickling her foot. She was laughing so hard I had to have her mom hold her still lol.

Hope she's doing well! Kids are indeed troopers with this kind of stuff. The kids are some of my favorite patients.

They took the cast off already? Is she wearing a brace or a sling then?

I suppose you can count yourself lucky that she didn't hurt herself any worse than she did. Broken arms aren't all that bad. When I was born I had a large cyst in my left humerus, like 65% of the bone was a cyst. They though it was bone cancer at first. Anyways, because of the cyst, that bone has always been weak and I went through 6 arm breaks by the time I was 8. The last couple of times I was more calm than my parents about it. I was at a friend's house both times, and had the friend's mother drive me home both times where I would call my mom or dad at work and simply say "I broke my arm again."

Just make sure she stays off of that elbow until it heals properly, because if it was a bad break she might have to worry about arthritis later.

Back
Top Bottom