"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #111
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
After 3 weeks in the hospital (one at a regular hospital & the other two at a rehab center to help learn to walk again) my FIL came home yesterday!! He was supposed to come home Friday but my MIL had a stomach virus & we decided it wouldn't be a good idea for him to come home until she was better.
crewsk,
thats wonderful news.It sounds as if he is making improvements and that really makes thing less stressful. I'm happy for all of you.
kadesma

Old 02-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #112
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thanks kades! It's been a long hard 3 weeks & things won't be any easier with him home. He has to have someone with him 24/7 so on hubby's days off he'll be staying at his parents house while his mom is at work. He & his 2 brothers will be rotating weekends though.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #113
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Thanks kades! It's been a long hard 3 weeks & things won't be any easier with him home. He has to have someone with him 24/7 so on hubby's days off he'll be staying at his parents house while his mom is at work. He & his 2 brothers will be rotating weekends though.
crewsk,
I know and it really is hard..We never did find out what happened with my dad, the doctors, just didn't want to be bothered..But,I tell you,I didn't know I could lift as much weight as I did 4-5 times a day with my dad. He got to the point where he barley spoke, was tripping and falling, then we had to get a wheel chair..Soon I was lifting him from bed to the chair, the to the dinning chair, back to the wheel chair,,I could see by his eyes that he hated me having to do this. At the time, I only weighed 90 lbs. and funny thing was, I never was uncomfortable doing it..It wasn't til about 2 days after he passed that my body kind of took over and said enough. It's good the family is taking turns, as much as you love and want to do for them, when someone says, go rest for a couple of hours, do it..In the end, as they improve you will still be on your feet and happy you've been helping

kadesma
Old 02-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #114
Everymom

OK, I've got a list of celebrations but I'll keep it short.

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. Heard from all kinds of people in my life and felt very blessed all the way around.

Having a quiet day today. Just catching up on laundry and all the little stuff I ignored completely yesterday.

The sun is shining (even though its -20C) and the day is bright.

My girls are happy today, and we don't have anywhere we have to be tonight so we can just stay home and be a family.

Edit: Um, apparently my brain is on vacation. Ken just reminded me that we have tickets to the Chantal Kreviasuk concert tonight. OOPS. I DID know that because I was just talking about it on the phone. Holy brain hiccup!
Old 02-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #115
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
My parents left for W. Virginia this morning & my mom just called to let me know that they had made it. She said that it's 19F & snowing like crazy. I'm just thankful that they had a safe trip!!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #116
Master Chef

Glad to hear they had a safe trip crewsk.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:02 PM   #117
Executive Chef

This is something to celebrate!

I'm typing this for my sister, Marge, about son John. The good news today is that he was sitting in a chair this morning (still attached to intravenous, but not intubated, using oxygen mask), eating canned fruit cocktail, canned pears, diet 7-up, diet coke, and then his lunch arrived. Sliced turkey on dark wheat, cranberry juice, orange slices, fruit cocktail, and soup. He is looking good too, the color returned to his face and the excess water is leaving his body. We are so happy to have this good news to share with you. We don't know about the results of the chemo treatment yet, to know if he will have to begin the second round of it next week. Marge will keep you informed as to his progress.

Please keep John in your prayers that the cancer is in remission and that it stays that way. Praise God for his love and mercy. We all thank you for your prayers also.

"Lil Sis,"
Caroli
Old 02-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #118
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
I'm typing this for my sister, Marge, about son John. The good news today is that he was sitting in a chair this morning (still attached to intravenous, but not intubated, using oxygen mask), eating canned fruit cocktail, canned pears, diet 7-up, diet coke, and then his lunch arrived. Sliced turkey on dark wheat, cranberry juice, orange slices, fruit cocktail, and soup. He is looking good too, the color returned to his face and the excess water is leaving his body. We are so happy to have this good news to share with you. We don't know about the results of the chemo treatment yet, to know if he will have to begin the second round of it next week. Marge will keep you informed as to his progress.

Please keep John in your prayers that the cancer is in remission and that it stays that way. Praise God for his love and mercy. We all thank you for your prayers also.

"Lil Sis,"
Caroli
Yes this is definetely something to celebrate.

And too we should celebrate your return Wasabi........where the heck you been? You've truely been missed. Welcome Back!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:01 AM   #119
Head Chef

The news about John is great news indeed!

I am celebrating that the sun is out, my garden is full of birds and spring is most definitely in the air! I woke up full of ebnergy and have got loads of boring houseworky chores out of the way.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #120
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Yahoo for John! That is definately worth celebrating!!!