"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #741
Certified Cake Maniac

Babe and Fisher's Mom, thanks for the "medals of bravery" but when I wake up in the night crying because of pain I really don't feel that brave. But it really helps knowing I have people all over who are cheering me on and care. And I just had 3 full nights sleep so hopefully I am on my way to being healed!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #742
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Babe and Fisher's Mom, thanks for the "medals of bravery" but when I wake up in the night crying because of pain I really don't feel that brave. But it really helps knowing I have people all over who are cheering me on and care. And I just had 3 full nights sleep so hopefully I am on my way to being healed!
Laurie,
more and more pain free nights are on the way..Just keep working and you will beat this soon. You should really be proud of yourself..I'm still trying to work up the courage to use the treadmill. I hate exercise and I know I need it, but I find an excuse everyday..the only days i work out is when I'm alone here then I can bawl as I walk without someone telling me be strong, be this, be that, I'm so tired of it I could just scream.
but, I'll keep on trying...
kades

Old 11-04-2008, 11:20 PM   #743
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Kadesma is right Laurie, you are on the way to pain-free nights. I'm thankful that things are beginning to turn around for you, and I will continue to pray for you. I know what you mean about not feeling brave when in the grips of pain. Hopefully very soon the pain will just be a faint memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Laurie,
more and more pain free nights are on the way..Just keep working and you will beat this soon. You should really be proud of yourself..I'm still trying to work up the courage to use the treadmill. I hate exercise and I know I need it, but I find an excuse everyday..the only days i work out is when I'm alone here then I can bawl as I walk without someone telling me be strong, be this, be that, I'm so tired of it I could just scream.
but, I'll keep on trying...
kades
Oh cj, I wish I could take away your pain (and Laurie's and anyone else here in pain). I do pray for you.

I need to exercise too, for fat reduction and muscle toning (but it should also help with some of the aches and pains I have been having). Unfortunately my exercise trend for the past year or so is to only exercise on days that don't end in "y." Once I'm doing it, I actually enjoy it, so I don't know why I don't just get started.

Anyway, this is the celebration thread, so I want to again say that I'm glad that Laurie is slowly but surely getting better!

Barbara
Old 11-05-2008, 01:57 AM   #744
Executive Chef

Well done Laurie
Old 11-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #745
Certified Cake Maniac

I just spent an hour and a half at the pool and feel so free and exhilarated! I was able to do my exercises with ease and the pool we went to has a warmed 4 ft deep pool that is accessible by ramp and while half of it is for kids, the other half is divided into 5 lanes - three for laps and the other two for anyone to use. I went into one and practiced walking...is was so much easier in the water...and my balancing and stretches. We then went into the hot tub and steam room.

This has done so much to boost my morale, and I know it is something I can do on a regular basis that will help my progress. Today is a wonderful day!!!!!
Attached Images

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #746
Master Chef

Laurie, I am so proud of how fast you are coming back!! You are doing great! I love to swim! Takes all the strain off of your bones to allow you to exercise.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #747
Master Chef

I would like to celebrate my MIL. She passed away on Nov. 3rd. and yesterday we had her funeral. It finally brings a close to her passing and now she is no longer suffering with Dementia. She's with her loving husband whom she hasn't seen in over 20 years and not to mention all her other wonderful friends and family members who passed before her.
Here's to you Stella, I thank you for giving me a wonderful husband.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #748
Everymom

You brought a huge lump to my throat. What a lovely celebration to share. Heres to Stella, among the stars she is named for!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #749
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
getout, I hope I don't sound like a horrible cliche, but to me it's so comforting to know thiose we love are hopefully back with the ones they have missed.
Our family is nearing the 5th anniv. of my husbands' sisters' death.... his Dad and Gramma passed away 5 months before that....
My SIL was one of my best friends in the world, and the only comfort I can find is that she got to be back with her beloved Dad...
I just wish it hadn't been so quickly.....
sorry. this is supposed to be celebrations.......
I don't mean to bring everyone down....
:)
Old 11-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #750
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
You brought a huge lump to my throat. What a lovely celebration to share. Heres to Stella, among the stars she is named for!
Thank you Alix,
I wasn't sure how my son was going to handle the funeral, the last one he went to he was to young to know what was going on. He'll be 12 on the 18th of this month. It was an open casket funeral and I took him in and asked him if he'd like to see his Me Ma and say good bye, he said yes.
Now the last several years we've had a little inside joke with her. We were watching animal planet about 4 years ago and the segment was about Ring Tailed Lemars. Every time one was shown on the TV she would ask, "Oh, what is that?" Her short term memory was real bad by then. I was sitting in the next room and for the whole hour I heard my son yelling, "It's a Ring Tailed Lemar." Each time I could hear the frustration in his voice. When we got up to her casket he was real quiet. I gave him a few moments to take it all in and just before we walked away I leaned in a little bit and said, "Hey Me Ma, it's a Ring Tailed Lemar." We both walked out and everyone was wondering why we had such big smiles on our faces. I just whispered in his ear, "I bet those old church ladies are wondering what's up."