"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #71
Executive Chef

Congrats, Alix!!! I'm celebrating my last day of work today. I'll be off for almost 3 weeks.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #72
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I love to hear about your celebrations on here.

We're celebrating Christmas at school tomorrow with the Polar Express! The kids, teachers and administrators will be wearing their pajamas as the principal reads the Polar Express to the students while we all have hot cocoa and cookies. I'm looking forward to it just not the overactivity with the kids after all the sweets they'll have! Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all enjoy your celebrations!

Old 12-21-2006, 03:40 AM   #73
Executive Chef

For the last 40 minutes, I've been celebrating Callum's first birthday! I've been reliving what was happening a year ago today. I gotta stay up another 5 hours if I plan on really dedicating myself to it.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #74
Everymom

Oh my word! One already??? Happy 1st Birthday Callum!!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #75
Executive Chef

Thanks Alix! Yep one year old! All 17 lbs of him. Our pediatrcian said "well, no one would call him a big guy. he's just a little toad."

Get this, Callum can't even walk yet but he can somersault! It comes from watching his somersaulting older brother. Callum gets into a real low squat, then puts his head between his legs and rolls. Most of the time he ends up on his side but he's done a few true ones as well. I've never heard of a somersaulting one year old.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #76
Everymom

OMG, how cute!! Neither of my girls hit 20lbs before age 1. I think it was closer to 2 for Madeleine (who is currently closing in on 11 and only 62lbs!). Madeleine didn't walk at 1 either, she would scoot on her butt rather than crawl so she could leave her hands free to wreak havoc EVERYWHERE! LOL, no flies on THAT kid.

I'd love to see Callum somersaulting all over, how adorable that would be! Get video.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #77
Everymom

OK, my own personal celebrations are small.

I got a whole lot of organizing done today. It was little stuff, but things I needed to do. Got our yoga class organized, got some dancing stuff finalized and sort of figured out some stuff about ball (it appears I missed the first class AGAIN dang it!).

I also got my tea in the mail today! WOOHOO! I was seriously low on my favorite tea and I just can't find it in the stores here so I ordered online and got a couple of bonus teas for $1! It all arrived today and I am just tickled.

Got the laundry all done and folded and left a yummy dinner for my family. I am woman hear me roar!
Old 01-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #78
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Last Saturday (January 6th) Buck and I enjoyed our monthly "date" day together. Went to a new restaurant for a phenomenal lunch. Food, service, ambience, everything A+. The day was beautiful, too.

After lunch we really didn't want to go straight home so we went to a large park in the area to see a new skate park that had been built for the youth. Big deal ($$$) and a big skate park. We drove through the park looking for the new area and couldn't find it.

As we were circling another time, we noticed a couple of young boys (about 9- or 10-years-old) with skateboards. We stopped, rolled down the windows and asked them if they could tell us where the skate park was.

One of the boys said, "Over there, sir," as he pointed in a direction ahead of us.

Wow! "SIR!" That was great. No adult coaching him to respond in this manner...with manners. They were sweet and clearly were enjoying the day, too, as we were. We found the arena and sat in our car for probably 30 minutes watching the children skate away. All shapes, all sizes. Whizzing and swirling and having a ball. At one point I counted about 37 children wheelin' away. Almost made me want to give it a try.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #79
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
well I`ve FINALY bit the bullet and set up this new PC that`s been sitting idle in the box for 4 months, and WOW!

it`s a 2.4Ghz, plenty of mem and disk space, it ALL works (my last one was dying bit at a time) incl the Sound :)
the monitor is a bit bigger and clearer than the old one, and with the help of some of the tech guys, all my software and favorites ans setting are all restored too, it even has a camera thingy so I can put pics on the net again too :)
it has a router that I can connect other computers too as well, I need something called Ethernet card and cable to do that with though?

but the best part is that pages load up instantly as I`m now getting the full 2mb broadband that I`ve been paying for for years and couldn`t use.

it has XP on it, and it`s not TOO different to windows 98, so I`m not entirely lost on it either :)

T3h YT is 4 h@ppy Bunneh :)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:57 AM   #80
Executive Chef

Celebrating taking the kids sledding today. What a great time!

Also celebrating that they play so well together. Sometimes Aidan will pick Callum up by wrapping his arms around his chest and he'll march into their room. They both fall together on the bed and I hear so much giggling! Nobody can get Callum to laugh like his older brother can. They are both practically in tears from fits of the giggles after about 10 minutes.